Android OS Forum banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
not meaning to sound noobish, but I have no idea what ur talking about

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry probably could've worded that better. On the AOSP builds is superuser synced and built from source or is it just included as a prebuilt. Sorry its been a while and its not normally included in vanilla AOSP.

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Sorry probably could've worded that better. On the AOSP builds is superuser synced and built from source or is it just included as a prebuilt. Sorry its been a while and its not normally included in vanilla AOSP.

oh I got u.. at one point I did have superuser being built using my rooted and busyboxed aosp, but I never got it to consistently work correctly.. so I just scraped it.. since it's just too easy to just flash root right after the ROM.. but only aosp has no root, the rest should build root

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
oh I got u.. at one point I did have superuser being built using my rooted and busyboxed aosp, but I never got it to consistently work correctly.. so I just scraped it.. since it's just too easy to just flash root right after the ROM.. but only aosp has no root, the rest should build root

I've always been interested in getting it working. If you had I was gonna read through your script for the paths and commands. At this point there are to many updates to really struggle with it anyway.

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
I've always been interested in getting it working. If you had I was gonna read through your script for the paths and commands. At this point there are to many updates to really struggle with it anyway.

heh.. essentially this is exactly why I built it using bash scripts, so eventually the user looks at the scripts and learns what's actually going on.. but really it's more for convenience.. it's damn easy especially with my buildauto setup.. u can pretty much crontab on it after setting it up and it will build for multiple devices and for multiple repos if u want

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
Changelog:
1/14/14
I am now starting a project for this kitchen to be translated to multiple languages, for right now i am adding spanish and french using google translate.. as soon as the framework is situated i will invite anyone to help me with native translations.. also if you want to see a language added please ask me to include it and help translate the language!

Update changes in repos: update omni vendorsetup naming scheme, Update pacman's manifest location, and Update ParanoidAndroid's source location and update them to kitkat as well
Update specific build commands per repo
Add freenode channel info to error messages
Add Copyright info under apache license 2
move base scripts to a folder named utility

EDIT: Decided to initially add also german, italian, japanese, and korean as well.. this came about because my wife just grabbed a copy of Pokemon Y and that was the language choices

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
ok guys! laid down the very basic framework for translation! for now this will only be in the master branch.. everyone sound off and let me know if you want to help, i will give u instructions via pm or any other way u want me to contact u.. the file u are to look at is called retardedbabelfish

·
Nexus Addict
651 Posts
Changelog:1/14/14I am now starting a project for this kitchen to be translated to multiple languages, for right now i am adding spanish and french using google translate.. as soon as the framework is situated i will invite anyone to help me with native translations.. also if you want to see a language added please ask me to include it and help translate the language!Update changes in repos: update omni vendorsetup naming scheme, Update pacman's manifest location, and Update ParanoidAndroid's source location and update them to kitkat as wellUpdate specific build commands per repoAdd freenode channel info to error messagesAdd Copyright info under apache license 2move base scripts to a folder named utilityEDIT: Decided to initially add also german, italian, japanese, and korean as well.. this came about because my wife just grabbed a copy of Pokemon Y and that was the language choices
MFSOB I have got to get out of the stone age and get a 64 bit box so I can build

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm waiting on a rma'd motherboard for my big rig so I can dual boot Ubuntu and I'll give it a spin. I usually build manually but I've used the older version and it was cool.

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm waiting on a rma'd motherboard for my big rig so I can dual boot Ubuntu and I'll give it a spin. I usually build manually but I've used the older version and it was cool.

OK great.. hope the motherboard comes in OK!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Bash Scripter
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Changelog:
1/24/14
my translation project is finished! currently the translation framework is done, but the translation files are a bit lacking.. if any of u want to help please let me know! our languages which have been started is spanish, german, and brazilian portuguese

221 - 240 of 241 Posts