Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Device reviewer/ writer
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked (couldn't find anywhere it had been...),

but does the Seidio 3800mAh battery fit inside an otterbox defender?

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-BACY38SSGNL-BK-Innocell-3800mAh-Extended/dp/B006VDPF64/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=l0e9b-20

It seems like the best extended battery out there, seeing as its the largest I can find that supports NFC. But, I already have a Defender Series case and wouldn't want to purchase a battery that renders it useless, haha.

If it doesn't work, are there any good alternatives to the siedio that will work with the defender?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

·
Device reviewer/ writer
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I almost bought it then thought.....well maybe ill ask haha.
So I guess I'm going for the regular Samsung extended battery.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm using the Seidio, and I'm getting an average of 4-4 1/2 hours of screen on time. I haven't tried the Samsung Extended, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you wanted to buy the battery and have a case on your phone too seidio makes phone cases that will fit their extended batteries. I'm not sure what the name of the case is off the top of my head but if you looked it up on Google you can definitely find it. I'm guessing you don't want to do that though since the defender is a badass case which probably costed you 40 dollars at least depending on where you got it lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I want to ask the OP's question but slightly differently...

With this 3800mAH battery but without the battery cover, will the Defender case fit? I know there are lots of cases that won't fit with the 2100 + battery cover on but those cases almost always fit perfectly with the battery cover off. So for the 3800 battery, if you leave the battery cover off, will the Defender fit it?

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
I want to ask the OP's question but slightly differently...

With this 3800mAH battery but without the battery cover, will the Defender case fit? I know there are lots of cases that won't fit with the 2100 + battery cover on but those cases almost always fit perfectly with the battery cover off. So for the 3800 battery, if you leave the battery cover off, will the Defender fit it?
There is no way. This battery sticks out way farther that the 2100's battery door.

·
Device reviewer/ writer
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up getting just the extended batt. from samsung. it fits my defender case, but the built in screen protector pushes out, haha it feels like a pressure sensitive touchscreen now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts