Android OS Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
86 Posts

·
Android crack flasher and IT Pro
115 Posts
Just tried out the new Nightly Keyboard issue not resolved phone is stuck in landscape mode and when you try typing something in a text or anything like it the on screen keyboard will not pop up until you slide out the hard keyboard its so aggravating that I just restored back to 03/21 nightly

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Just tried out the new Nightly Keyboard issue not resolved phone is stuck in landscape mode and when you try typing something in a text or anything like it the on screen keyboard will not pop up until you slide out the hard keyboard its so aggravating that I just restored back to 03/21 nightly
Are you doing a full wipe before each new flash? I flashed the 3-31 build yesterday with no problems, and none of the issues you mentioned are occurring. My rule of thumb for nightlies is "always wipe" (data, cache, dalvik), and you'll be good to go. I haven't flashed today's build, but I hear it's good too. Try either 3-31 or 4-1. :)

Droid 3 AOKP M4

·
115 Posts
Are you doing a full wipe before each new flash? I flashed the 3-31 build yesterday with no problems, and none of the issues you mentioned are occurring. My rule of thumb for nightlies is "always wipe" (data, cache, dalvik), and you'll be good to go. I haven't flashed today's build, but I hear it's good too. Try either 3-31 or 4-1. :)

Droid 3 AOKP M4
Thanks for the reply! yes I did a full wipe I always do. I'm not new to flashing roms, I've been flashing roms for over a year and I test roms now and report issues and help others with them usually on droid forums but was asked by someone on twitter to to start posting here and helping people that don't post on droid forums. If you would notice the date I posted the issue it was the 3/30 nightly and I contacted Hashcode about it and he said there was an issue still with the hard keyboard and was working on a fix which a few hours later he tweeted a message stating a fix which was the 3/31 nightly. thanks for helping out very few people are posting on here and and i rarely have time too so help out as much as you can please I've been very busy over at droid forums. :)

·
Developer
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
FYI: The keyboard issue has been fixed in the latest nightly. Sorry that took a bit to work out.

·
115 Posts
Rombot is getting upgraded I don't know exactly when it will be back up. As soon as i find out I'll update here.

·
TESTER
758 Posts
wifi tether wouldnt work and he needs it can anyone help maybe if i could fix perms but it wont let me

am i going to have to buy a droid 3 to help testing?

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
wifi tether wouldnt work and he needs it can anyone help maybe if i could fix perms but it wont let me

am i going to have to buy a droid 3 to help testing?
I might be missing something here, but WHO needs help with wifi tether (you just say "he")? I have it running just fine (updated to latest version in the Play store), and have never had an issue with it not working... Point me in the direction of whoever needs help with it, and I may be able to lend a hand. :)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

·
TESTER
758 Posts
I might be missing something here, but WHO needs help with wifi tether (you just say "he")? I have it running just fine (updated to latest version in the Play store), and have never had an issue with it not working... Point me in the direction of whoever needs help with it, and I may be able to lend a hand. :)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
he gave up lol hes going to put the updating off as long as possible

·
TESTER
758 Posts
which nightly works the best?

·
Android Pimp
147 Posts
WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]HW Video Codecs (in progress)[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)[/background]

I see this all over the place is anyone even working on these issue?

·
artistic droid
24 Posts
As far as I could tell most everyone was attempting in some way to solve those issues. They have just been some tricky little ones.

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Noticed that the capacitive key lights (back, menu, search, home) are not on. Running AOKP 40 latest nightly. Is there a setting in Rom Control or somewhere that I'm just missing or is this broken with running AOKP? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
TESTER
758 Posts
What build are you up to I want my friend to try tablet mode

Meh Fascinating Unicorn Devil

21 - 38 of 38 Posts