Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
If you get a chance, can you upgrade to Alpha 5 (unfortunately this may require a wipe) and redo all your bluetooth testing and let me know what works and doesn't work now? My BT earpiece is broken currently.
All is working wonderfully with the BT. I haven't really tested calling as I don't do it much with the BT headset (more for quality of headset then anything) but the Google music sounds great and has no hiccups. Hello Daily Driver!! Thanks Hashcode. The only issue I really have left now is the known issue of the camera, which I haven't been able to work around with a 3rd party app like on the CM 7.1. Is that all hopelessly tied into the Dev/Ion issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you get a chance, can you upgrade to Alpha 5 (unfortunately this may require a wipe) and redo all your bluetooth testing and let me know what works and doesn't work now? My BT earpiece is broken currently.
I upgraded to Alpha 5 (it definitely does require a wipe, at least for me). A2DP to Bluetooth stereo phones works great, and I really like Trebuchet. My phones can do HSP, and I'll try to test that tomorrow. I hit only one non-reproduceable regression: The first time I originated a voice call from the Droid 3 (XT862, Verizon CDMA) to a landline, it dialled the call, but the partner couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear the partner. I tried this a couple times, rebooted, tried again, still silence.. After about 20 minutes of forum searching I tried originating the call on the landline. It connected, and this time I got bidirectional voice. Then I originated on the Droid again, and got bidirectional voice. Weird.
@Hashcode, thanks for all your work on the CM9 image. The Droid 3 is a great phone for me, and CM9 unlocks its awesomeness.

·
Android Lover
37 Posts
Yup. I too am having bad luck with voice calls. Calls come in fine, but can not hear the caller on the other end some times. Testing with bluetooth toggled off seems to make a difference (only a very little testing so far)
Also my car has Bluetooth. Calls start with short burst of static. Then the call will be fine for about a minute and the static will come back and not leave. I am more then willing to test anything you need just PM me.

·
Developer
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks for the BT updates guys.

Sounds like:
"BT on, but not connected to a device = no audio" bug is still an issue
Same with "mute button doesn't work in phone calls".

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
is there are tutorial to install this? I'm sorry to ask, but I'm new to roms and not sure which method i need to follow.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
The only issue I really have left now is the known issue of the camera, which I haven't been able to work around with a 3rd party app like on the CM 7.1. Is that all hopelessly tied into the Dev/Ion issue?
From what I understand from Hashcode (via his twitter) is the ICS does away with the XML parser used for the camera XML configuration file. He is adding the parser back into ICS, but that will take some time. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

On a side note, Hash, is there any plan on your roadmap to include the CWM touch recovery into safestrap? I know you are hammering the camera hard, but I was just curious. Thanks for all of your great work.

·
Android Beginner
350 Posts
Does flash work for anyone or does it have to do with the missing codecs

·
Android Beginner
350 Posts
Does flash work for anyone or does it have to do with the missing codecs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the BT updates guys.

Sounds like:
"BT on, but not connected to a device = no audio" bug is still an issue
Same with "mute button doesn't work in phone calls".
I installed CM9-droid3-20120130-1730.zip yesterday and tested it pretty extensively, and mostly successfully. This is on a Droid 3 XT682.

After a reboot, as soon as the lock screen appears, com.android.phone "unfortunately has stopped" once or sometimes twice, but the third time it stays running and can accept calls.

I get phone audio now with Bluetooth off, on the internal speaker or a wired headphone. With Bluetooth on, whether or not a headphone is connected, I get no audio in or out, either on the headphone (if connected) or on the internal speaker and mic. With music playing on A2DP or wired headphones, when a call comes in the music is paused, but with Bluetooth HFP the call control button is not obeyed to accept the call, even though the headphone beeps indicating that it's sending the code. Settings-Bluetooth says the headphone is connected to both phone and media audio.

A very minor item on the physical keyboard: I typed stuff into a file using Jota Text Editor and viewed the file with hexedit. All but one key produced believable values, e.g. alt-A/euro produces 82ac while the Unicode is 20ac, but I assume the difference has to do with UTF-8 encoding. However, alt-P/ellipsis (Unicode 2026) produces e2 98 a0 e2 and displays as a "no glyph" box.

Things that don't work and that weren't promised: front and rear camera, FM radio :)

Just now, when I plugged in the USB cable it popped one box saying "unfortunately usb has stopped". However, there were notifications for Android debugging, which worked, and for "USB Connected". This is the only time I've seen USB stop.

·
Average Android
1,173 Posts
My wife jus got this fone n I have the 1 click root method on my laptop. Was wondering what's the smartest n safest way 2 get on cm9??.. also is there an sbf file in case I soft brick.. i have cm7 on my dx n love it cm9 must b even btr...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
My wife jus got this fone n I have the 1 click root method on my laptop. Was wondering what's the smartest n safest way 2 get on cm9??.. also is there an sbf file in case I soft brick.. i have cm7 on my dx n love it cm9 must b even btr...

Go to hashcodes blog (check op) and install safestrap first and read all about it, its the best thing so far, basically you can have your "safe" system and load cm9 or whatever you want to flash, and you can keep you stock system so in case you miss something and mess up you are always safe.

SENT FROM MY CM9/ICS D3....thx 2 hashcode

·
Average Android
1,173 Posts
Go to hashcodes blog (check op) and install safestrap first and read all about it, its the best thing so far, basically you can have your "safe" system and load cm9 or whatever you want to flash, and you can keep you stock system so in case you miss something and mess up you are always safe.

SENT FROM MY CM9/ICS D3....thx 2 hashcode
I jus tried n the link no longer works so its a no go 4 me...

·
Android Beginner
350 Posts
anyone else having problems with the physical keyboard freaking out and activating shortcuts?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts