Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts

Well it appears fnj00 from the TouchDroid team has released all current progress via the TouchDroid website. As of now please be careful when flashing your device as we don't know if this is a brickable build.

Thanks to the TouchDroid team for the work you've done so far, it's just a shame things happened the way they did.

fnj00 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:23 pm
Hello Community!

I have decided to release a system dump from my TouchPad which contains a semi-working build of Android 2.3.5 with working touchscreen on the HP TouchPad. Please use this data and the below steps on installation as you see fit. I hope this release will light a fire under the community to work together on a full working port!
People posting in the original thread on the TouchDroid website have confirmed that this build does boot/flash.

craig0r » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 pm
Got it booting nicely!

Only problem is, there doesn't seem to be a way to go "back" or "home." I suppose this issue will remain until some tablet soft-buttons get added though. As for now, I'm stuck looking at the battery information until I reboot. :p
Original Post:

http://touch-droid.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

System Dump / Android Rom Download Location:

http://randomshit.dreamhosters.com/TouchPad/

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Going to wait till CM comes out with theirs cause I don't like TouchDroid's morals and ethics and wouldn't trust their software on my system. At least with CM I would then know for sure that it was done right and not just a rush job to beat out another team or for money.

·
Average Android
139 Posts
EliteTek said:
None the less Nemesis02 this code being public is a good thing, it allows other devs to jump in and jump hurdles which other developers could not.
I've installed it. Obviously it's not great, but it does dual boot. Not really worth anything other than proof of concept to be honest. Obviously no Wifi, camera, correct colors, etc.

In order to get home again, you have to type "adb shell input keyevent 3" >.<

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
TchnclFl said:
I've installed it. Obviously it's not great, but it does dual boot. Not really worth anything other than proof of concept to be honest. Obviously no Wifi, camera, correct colors, etc.

In order to get home again, you have to type "adb shell input keyevent 3" >.<
Had to install this to tinker, as mentioned not much you can do but cool nonetheless - i got around the home issue by using adb to push button saviour to the device, now i have a soft home button :grin3:

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
i got around the home issue by using adb to push button saviour to the device, now i have a soft home button

care to elaborate on how you did that?

·
Average Android
139 Posts
mr_ppp said:
Had to install this to tinker, as mentioned not much you can do but cool nonetheless - i got around the home issue by using adb to push button saviour to the device, now i have a soft home button :grin3:
Ah I tried to install softkeys.apk but it wouldn't work right. Good call on button savior!

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
cbishop said:
i got around the home issue by using adb to push button saviour to the device, now i have a soft home button

care to elaborate on how you did that?
Sure

Search google for button saviour.apk and download

copy apk to adb folder on pc - then use command prompt and type adb install button saviour.apk

Open button saviour on touchpad and enable :)

It unfortunately doesnt work on all keys but home and screen lock do!

Edit: Does anyone know if its possible to get usb adb tethering to work ala CM's demo? Im rusty with what commands i need - did it once on my HD2 yonks ago!

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
i think ill wait till a stable version comes out from cm. I have not use for a half working android tablet. And I don't wish to tinker :p

·
Android Lover
244 Posts
Just hope lots of people don't brick their Touchpads doing this... its out and you can't change that... but I really hope noobs don't go and try to do this and really screw up their tablets.

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
Please also have a look at this thread - Hopefully we can figure out how to de-brick without sending to Hp (although it will require that the TouchPad be physically opened up)

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Yeaj, that's the risk. No point in installing it anyway, unless your trying to develop. I'll be willing to test a more stable build.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Pretty much nothing works except the screen. I would STRONGLY recommend not installing it. Not worth bricking your device to see Android boot up and that's about it.

·
Average Android
139 Posts
BrentBlend said:
anyone having fun with this yet?
MEEEE haha. I'm actually rather frustrated by trying to navigate haha. But I was enjoying ADB installing various apps and trying to get PDAnet to send ethernet over USB. Til I gave up ;).

scifan said:
What still doesn't work on this? does WIFI work?
Pretty much nothing works. Display, touchscreen, and that's about it. Display's colors are off too.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Personally, I prefer zmooth over button savior on my HD2 when I can't use CM7 tablet tweak as it is less cumbersome in my opinion. Just wanted to throw that out there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.