Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

Features
  • Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 TEST RUU.
  • Sense has effectively been removed, including the "Phone" application, for a complete AOSP experience. If we did not tell you it was a Sense framework, you would not know; it's that thorough.
  • Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.
  • Stock kernel, not overclocked.
  • Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.
  • IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.
  • Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.
  • Over the air updates via ROM Manager.
Screenshots

Additional Notes

Forum threads may not always provide the most up-to-date release information. We try our best to keep the threads on our favorite forums updated but this can become quite a time consuming task. Our focus is on making sure the information on our website is correct first, with threads secondary. Thus, please be sure to check the website for the latest releases and information.

If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks / Like" button and rate the ROM.​

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Well, I have this thread book marked now. Hopefully we'll see some updates to this thread soon RMK?
I hope so, too. As you mentioned on your homepage, all threads will move to Rootzwiki, XDA is still more up to date.

Swyped from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Inquisition is still being developed, however, I don't think the Virtuous team is using RootzWiki like they announced.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Well, besides yourself, no Virtuous team member has posted here since 5 Feb. I would define that as this thread for Virtuous Inquisition for HTC Sensation not being in "use".

·
Developer
4 Posts
Hi guys !
Sorry for the lack of updates in here this days.
But here is Inquisition 4.0.2 B1.
  • No wipe required if upgrading from 3.5.x or newer
  • This release is based almost entirely on community contributions from socali and SebastianFM
  • Huge thank you to socali in particular for addressing some complicated bugs.
  • Fixed com.android.phone crashes (socali)
  • Fix for APM reboot icon (socali)
  • AOSP Keyboard with Greek language (socali)
  • AOKP b28 Contacts & Dialer (fix for stuck dialer) (socali)
  • Media Storage; removed excessive logging (socali)
  • Disabled notifications pull-down in all lock options (socali).
  • Fixed Accessibility Talkback for Phone's incoming call screen (socali).
  • Fixed the midnight bug where systemui crashed; thanks to deanesn for the info.
  • Updated Play app itself and all Play-originating apps to the latest.
  • Updated to 1.4.1 of SebastianFM's kernel with his custom thermald (SebastianFM).
  • Removed memory optimization script which was causing freezes. ZRAM is also not recommended and now disabled.
OP will be updated soon !

Thanks for waiting :)

Download link is available here !

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, besides yourself, no Virtuous team member has posted here since 5 Feb. I would define that as this thread for Virtuous Inquisition for HTC Sensation not being in "use".
You're rather uninformed. I've not been able to do any development in the past month due to work obligations, it has nothing to do with this forum. You're also not empowered to declare a ROM in use or not. Either way, if you're unhappy with how the ROM is progressing, then you're welcome to "use" another ROM.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
You're rather uninformed. I've not been able to do any development in the past month due to work obligations, it has nothing to do with this forum. You're also not empowered to declare a ROM in use or not. Either way, if you're unhappy with how the ROM is progressing, then you're welcome to "use" another ROM.
Nobody reads these days? I said nothing of the ROM. People asked about the thread, not the ROM. I use the ROM and love it and have recommended to others in the past. However, the question was about the thread and this thread, as opposed to the one on XDA is not active. Lastly I did not declare anything about the ROM being in use or not. So, please go ahead and re-read the posts.

Since I do regularly check this thread and the one on XDA I'll continue to answer questions when they are asked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts