Android OS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
111 Posts

Virtuous Sensation is a custom ROM for the HTC Pyramid series of phones (Sensation, Sensation XE, etc.). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Sensation Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements.

• Based off the official Sensation ROM (3.32.709.108_R1), deodexed and zipaligned.
  • Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.
  • Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.
  • IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.
  • Updated versions of all Market-available apps.
  • All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.
  • Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.
Credits and Acknowledgements
  • Virtuous Team - This is all a collaborative effort, everyone on the team plays a key role in producing our ROMs, kernels and apps.
  • Football - Countless original RUUs.
Official Support Disclaimer
Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
First things first... I love this rom and dev team. Gret work...

I am having two issues however, nothing major.

Issue #1: CRT on-off setting does not seem to function for me after I update to 1.1.3
issue#2: After flashing kernel V9 I get a splash screen loop.

Neither of these are stopping from using this fantastic rom.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I was trying this ROM out this morning and I have a few bugs to report.

Sensation 4G bugs:
1. WiFi- connectivity drop-outs. also in settings the checkbox to enable WiFi was checked but remained in a
state of "turning off"

2. Microsoft Exchange "Corporate Email" account keeps indicating errors with sync.

3. a.Upon first re-boot the display stays black. Attempting to wake up or unlock w/ power button only shows the animation
associated with screen off/on action; no screen is revealed. pull battery, and booted up fine.
b. Tried to reboot into recovery from same reboot menu as before, and got the black screen again. Pull Battery boot up and started back up.

4. I was unable to Overclock as well. The system/Virtuous/ etc.. path only revealed one folder, when I was looking for the 6 folders that handle the two different screen states.also I did use terminal emulator to show the exact frequencies supported by the kernel
and it appeared that 1.5gHz was the fastest speed. I thought 1.8gHz was the max.

I know the Devs work hard to make this happen, and i figured I would share some of the bugs i experienced.

respectfully,
michael

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Hey there, thanks for the release. I never heard of the "3.32.709.108R1" base. When was it released? Is it the final OTA from HTC? Which Sense Version?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
This ROM is workiong really well for me, no bugs to report yet..

Very nice battery with this ROM. Only lost 8% in 12 hours which is really good from my perspective..

Keep up the good work team..

:)

M..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the new rom, mdeejay. Just a question. I know this isn't rom related because it also happens on ARHD. After closing camera or camcorder and returning to homescreen, the lighting diminishes to darkness and I need to switch phone on and off before I get back auto brightness. The thing is if I increase the setting of brightness manually, enable auto brightness, the same thing happens after closing cam, but it doesn't go dark, but to the manually set brightness. My question is, is auto brightness actually still on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Previous version was decent, minor bugs and Quadrant score of slightly over 2200...now 3400+! and those bugs are obviously gone...will report any if I see any, but everything for day to day use seems to be working just fine, thanks for all your work guys!

***Note if you are coming from previous version, you need the new firmware...took a little time to Google it, but found it XDA FYI, just don't have the damn link here at my work place, sorry.

EDIT: Found it! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21711154#post21711154

I really don't understand why no one would post or mention that this is needed...a n00b like me would have never known this and would have stayed in that endless reboot screen and just would have been frustrated and went to something else.

Something that you believe is obvious (since you are probably more advanced users) doesn't help the overall community or the majority of n00bs that want something like this. I just hope that others are more mindful of this in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's been over a week testing this version out and it basically holds true to what the Devs intended, a true Sense based rom that can be used as the daily driver.
I really do thank you for this and hope that you'll continue your good work.

I do however have some very minor bugs to report:

1) The icons, at very odd times (I haven't pin-pointed exactly when it happens), SHRINK! I thought my eyes were going bad or something, but they literally got smaller and only resetting Sense does it go back to normal. This has only happened a few times (in the two weeks or so since having this rom) but the easy fix is the reset. (I am checking to see if an app is causing this but I'm not sure yet because it happens rarely.)

2) Since we are on the subject of resetting, this is the biggest bug: Sense resets itself. It seems to happen more so AFTER I am browsing on the internet (using stock browser), exiting a game or when I come off a news feed (which is obviously using the browser as well) and this continues until I shut off the phone or reset it. Then it would be ok for quite some time (about a day or so) then it will go back to resetting itself. I'm not 100% sure it is a rom problem and have been trying hard to see if it was some app that might have been doing this, but I don't know what kind of app would make Sense reset itself. If anyone knows please shed some light on this subject.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's been over a week testing this version out and it basically holds true to what the Devs intended, a true Sense based rom that can be used as the daily driver.
I really do thank you for this and hope that you'll continue your good work.

I do however have some very minor bugs to report:

1) The icons, at very odd times (I haven't pin-pointed exactly when it happens), SHRINK! I thought my eyes were going bad or something, but they literally got smaller and only resetting Sense does it go back to normal. This has only happened a few times (in the two weeks or so since having this rom) but the easy fix is the reset. (I am checking to see if an app is causing this but I'm not sure yet because it happens rarely.)

2) Since we are on the subject of resetting, this is the biggest bug: Sense resets itself. It seems to happen more so AFTER I am browsing on the internet (using stock browser), exiting a game or when I come off a news feed (which is obviously using the browser as well) and this continues until I shut off the phone or reset it. Then it would be ok for quite some time (about a day or so) then it will go back to resetting itself. I'm not 100% sure it is a rom problem and have been trying hard to see if it was some app that might have been doing this, but I don't know what kind of app would make Sense reset itself. If anyone knows please shed some light on this subject.
Sense resetting is not a bug, Android memory management "kills" sense when it needs the extra memory. There are ways to "fix" the issue, but if you don't mind waiting 2-3 seconds for sense to relaunch it is better to keep it as it is.

Have you noticed the famous "auto-turn-on-wifi" bug that many other people has reported on other ROM's??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sense resetting is not a bug, Android memory management "kills" sense when it needs the extra memory. There are ways to "fix" the issue, but if you don't mind waiting 2-3 seconds for sense to relaunch it is better to keep it as it is.

Have you noticed the famous "auto-turn-on-wifi" bug that many other people has reported on other ROM's??
Auto turn on wifi bug? Obviously you mean that this Rom doesn't have it because I don't see it happening...and I haven't tried others to be honest because I've heard that this is a decent daily driver rom, which I need right now.

And yeah, the memory management might be doing that so I'm going to see what lingering apps I have that is sapping so much memory. Thanks for the tip! If anyone has any tips on what to do and/or apps I can use to help manage the memory better, please let me and others know. (I've heard of partitioning but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't really have this memory issue)

By the way, does anyone know if this Kernel would be ok for this Rom???
http://rootzwiki.com...r-savingapr-10/

I'm assuming the answer should be yes, but I'm honestly new to Android (coming from a line of Crackberries) and I want to make sure before flashing this Kernel on.

(EDIT: Because of my impatience and curiosity I flashed the Kernel without a hitch and seems to be running ok...I also moved a ton of apps from phone to sdCard and gained a lot of Internal Storage...I don't know for sure if Android uses the Internal Storage to help with it's memory management but I've not experienced the reboot problem yet. It's still too early to tell about everything but I'll check back with an update of things. Hopefully this will persuade others to picking this everyday rom and kernel combo.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts