Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Average Android
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do Sense ROMS have better battery life? when compared to ASOP ROMs?

Shouldn't it be the other way around? ASOP has less crap running on it so the battery life should be better. Right?

·
Average Android
162 Posts
In most cases i tend to get the best battery life on sense roms than on AOSP roms, but it might be due to the fact that i live in a 4g area and the 4G RIL isn't completely finished. It works sure, but it isn't running at optimal efficiency *YET*

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I had to give up on the sense roms once I tried the AOSP roms, battery life is more than double for me.

Sent from my CyanogenMod Thunderbolt

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
In my non-4g area aosp is straight through 14 hr day without a bump charge with 15% left, when I spent a weekend in NYC I could get 6-7 hrs, but that was also with brightness maxed out so I could see the screen.

I may try a sense rom in a 4g area to see but its a little hard to give up the speed of CM7!

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Way better battery on aosp roms here, almost 2x as much

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain

·
Android Master
563 Posts
"hotelmrrsn said:
Way better battery on aosp roms here, almost 2x as much

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain
Oposite for me, getting around 20+ hrs of heavy use on gingeritus 3d, only git around 14 with omfgb

·
Average Android
110 Posts
I get better battery life on aosp. If I'm using 4G battery life is shit on both. I most often use WiFi and 3G only just so I can get through the day.

·
Android User
68 Posts
i get great life on bamf 1.8.6. far better than any GB rom. i havent tried ASOP, because there are some things i just like about sense.

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
+1 sonami

"chrootz said:
I'm getting a lot excellent batt life. I am on the gingeritis 3D VI and VII with stock battery.

I would say about 60% idle and 40% in surf the websites at my work. I tried conservative battery life on CM7 and OMFGB. Always under 15hrs emptied the battery life and Gingeritis 3D VI blew AOSP away. =/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts