Android OS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
I dont know what happened overnight, but typically im lucky to see 1 bar at home, now im getting 4 bars all day long, im not complaining just suprised to see, maybe a new tower went up, be interesting to see if it continues at work, if so must be something else, could the recent ota have something to do with it?

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been on the new radio since it was posted here at the forum, so it cant be just that...

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It gets stranger, I just checked the wifey's phone (inc) & her signal does not seem to have improved...I hate to say it, but I cant wait for the drive to work & work to see if the improvement oddly continues or not, if not then must be related to homes location only.

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
I'm wondering the the new radios will work better since they're now "official". Maybe verizon does something to the network to increase compatibility/functionality of these radio versions.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
I think that 4G towers do not contribute to 3G signals/phones. I may be very wrong here but it just doesn't make sense to build up a new 3G network along with a 4G network when in the end all you want is a 4G network.

Also, I know when I go into 3G only mode from 4G, I go from 4 bars to 1, so I really don't think 4G towers contribute to both.

·
Android Lover
626 Posts
I've had the newest radio for a couple of days, and now I get 2 more bars like everywhere

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, I to am seeing better signal that I have evet had at home, for as long as Ive had the bolt, at home I was lucky to keep 1 bar lit, as im typin this i have 5 outta 6 bars(bamf forever).

And still even after +228 on the wifes inc, her signal is still the same, so whateva happened it only happened to my ph....

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
marvinmadman said:
What does the dinc show? I have only noticed a difference in strength when I went to mr1 from stock. Every other radio for me is about the same with strength.
I was wondering the same thing, the wifeys on her way home now, Ill check her ph's dBm's when she gets home & post it up side by side comparison with mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts