Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright - this is so frustrating.

I'm on CyanogenMod 7.1.1 on my rooted HTC Thunderbolt. Baseband: 1.48.00.0726w_2, 0.01.78.0802w_3.

The official Skype app doesn't work on any AOSP ROM for the Thunderbolt. And no, I'm not talking bad video or other issues. SKYPE JUST DOESN'T WORK. It starts up, works fine, and then ~30 - ~60 mins later, it shuts down and asks the user to uninstall and reinstall Skype. Attempting this does absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

I love CyanogenMod but this has been an issue with all CM Thunderbolt release candidates.

I have even tried Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) from a Greek developer, but this also crashes.

I cannot use fring or other clients because the party I call regularly uses only Skype. This is so frustrating.

I really miss my DROID Incredible and Verizon's Skype Mobile. All Skype calls were directed through a real phone number assigned by Verizon. Call quality was AMAZING. I never come even close to using my minutes, so this was not an issue for me. I know people complained about Skype Mobile for not allowing calls over wifi, but I never gave a shit about that.

I wish someone could develop Skype Mobile for the Thunderbolt. Yes, the kind that would not use VoIP but a real phone number to funnel Skype calls.:erm:

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Mustang302LX said:
I hear ya. I'm only at about 10 min so far. Ill let you know what happens.

Sent from my Thunderbolt running CyanogenMod 7 using the Tapatalk app.
After mine shut down the first time, I restarted it w/o rebooting the phone. It's now @ 20 mins w/o having shut down. So let's see what happens. I disabled video and re-enabled it again. Disabling video made it worse actually - none of my contacts including Skype test call would come online. Test call failed. So I re-enabled video (default), which is what Skype was set to the first time it crashed.

·
Android Addict
341 Posts
Did around a 2.5 hour video chat with my wife earlier today on it......no problems with it, worked fine. Like others, I have the 906 radios. Don't know if that makes a difference, but it looks like that's the only difference you have from me (us).

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
TechSavvy said:
Did around a 2.5 hour video chat with my wife earlier today on it......no problems with it, worked fine. Like others, I have the 906 radios. Don't know if that makes a difference, but it looks like that's the only difference you have from me (us).
Version from market or the modified version.

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
"Mustang302LX said:
Version from market or the modified version.

Also curious. I can't find a version that works...

·
Android Apprentice
200 Posts
There is also the new modified version 12 & that works great for me...i'm also on aosp omfgb nightlies 10-12 and when I was on the latest cm7 it also worked great. I'm also on 906 radios.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts