Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CM9 is truly a beautiful piece of work and transforms the TouchPad into a vastly more usable tablet. It is really amazing how few bugs I have run into. I can't thank the devs enough for their hard work.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has succeeded in getting Skype to work on CM9. I can get as far as making and even receiving calls, but as soon as I go to pick up the call, I am disconnected. Skype reports that the call failed.

Any workarounds or is this a known issue with CM9?

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
Microphone and camera does not work yet. It disconnects because it can't detect either.

Wait ~ 2 weeks
Where did you get the 2 weeks from? This has been an issue since day 1 of ics on the tp. HP has yet to release the drivers for it and the chances of it working until they do are pretty slim unless dalingrin can use a similar driver.

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
CM9 is truly a beautiful piece of work and transforms the TouchPad into a vastly more usable tablet. It is really amazing how few bugs I have run into. I can't thank the devs enough for their hard work.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has succeeded in getting Skype to work on CM9. I can get as far as making and even receiving calls, but as soon as I go to pick up the call, I am disconnected. Skype reports that the call failed.

Any workarounds or is this a known issue with CM9?
Did you read the pinned bug thread? It says that camera and mic do not currently work.

·
Registered
Pixel 4a
382 Posts
2 weeks is the standard answer given when you are not suppose to ask the question!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your definitive answers. It is difficult to figure out from the sticky that "mic and cam don't work" and "Skype is not yet 100%" (both paraphrased) translates to "Skype disconnects after call is connected". I much appreciate the community taking the time to set me straight and linking the effect back to the cause. I shall now wait patiently for the mic to work before trying out Skype again. Just two weeks, right, then I can bump this
?

The fact that Skype is even running at all this early in alpha is a real testament to the solid code within the CM community. I rooted a Viewsonic G-Tab with a CM Honeycomb beta about 7 or 8 months ago and although it rarely crashes and is fairly usable, there are a huge number of unimplemented features that are basic to operation. I cannot believe how far along the TouchPad alpha is. After getting Swype rebuilt and running, this is easily my daily driver tablet.

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
Thanks for your definitive answers. It is difficult to figure out from the sticky that "mic and cam don't work" and "Skype is not yet 100%" (both paraphrased) translates to "Skype disconnects after call is connected".
Well being as skype requires both camera and mic to work properly and neither of those work it makes sense that the app won't work. We probably won't have camera and mic for a while because HP hasn't released the drivers. WebOS has skype built into it though so you can always just boot there if you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.