Android OS Forum banner

Skype video doesn't work

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  marleyinoc 
#1 ·
I got the bionic today and tried a video call on Skype. I'm able to see the other persons video but mine is a black screen for both the front and ready cameras.

Anyone else having this problem our know of a fix?

#8 ·
A DF user named gazan1204 says he has figured out how to get Skype video working. I haven't tested this out, but these are his instructions:

1. Uninstall any and every version of skype on your phone.
2. Download and install the modded version of skype from here (Credit to theos0o) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16889575&postcount=1262
3. Sign in to your skype and hit the menu softkey then settings and tick the "Enable video calling" box. Your skype should log out and sign in again.
4. Once your signed in again and on the main page hit menu again and now to advanced settings.
5. Checkmark the option that says "Use valid preview surface"
6. Back out of there and enjoy.

#11 ·
anuraj1 said:
A DF user named gazan1204 says he has figured out how to get Skype video working. I haven't tested this out, but these are his instructions:

1. Uninstall any and every version of skype on your phone.
2. Download and install the modded version of skype from here (Credit to theos0o) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16889575&postcount=1262
3. Sign in to your skype and hit the menu softkey then settings and tick the "Enable video calling" box. Your skype should log out and sign in again.
4. Once your signed in again and on the main page hit menu again and now to advanced settings.
5. Checkmark the option that says "Use valid preview surface"
6. Back out of there and enjoy.
Yeah this is how you get it to work. i have it running on my bionic and works fine. the skype app doesnt work so you have to use the modded one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.