Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Use GPS Test to clear AGPS and then Update AGPS. Helps in many cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: sithlrdvad

·
Android Apprentice
150 Posts
Use GPS Test to clear AGPS and then Update AGPS. Helps in many cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I just tried this and it worked like a charm. I used my navigation and my GPS lock on in less than 3 secs. Before it took 1-2 minutes

·
XDA Hater
805 Posts
WHen I tried to clear AGPS it crashed, I hit wait and it caused my phone to reboot :/
It will make your phone reboot on any AOKP rom (at least in my testing, i haven't tried others) no worries. It did a hot boot.

Here's the true fix

Download Fasterfix from the market. Change the server to "supl.google.com" (no www and obviously no quoatations)
Reboot you device, and watch your device lock on faster than ever.

·
XDA Hater
805 Posts
I tried changing the server with Fasterfix, it's a little fast but it's still around 30-45 seconds. My Dinc would do it in <3 seconds, is this a hardware limitation?

Edit:

That's 'less than three' not a heart lmfao
Are you testing in a location where GPS is acquirable ?

Go outside, open up GPS Status and Toolbox and report on if it locks faster?
Might be the building you are in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
my gps was kinda slow too...i just downloaded the gps test and hit clear agps...it froze for about half a minute then rebooted (aokp 17)...once it was up i did "update agps"...and then it located my gps location with 5 seconds. I am sitting inside my apartment. no sky in sight

·
Supporting Member
31 Posts
GPS is usually pretty responsive for me unless I'm inside a building (expected behavior).

AOKP milestone 2 / francokernel

·
Warning: Low Battery
529 Posts
Are you testing in a location where GPS is acquirable ?

Go outside, open up GPS Status and Toolbox and report on if it locks faster?
Might be the building you are in.
Yea, it's clear skies and I was testing from my bedroom window where I usually test it on my phones. I have my Dinc right beside me, although ~20 seconds is much better than five minutes so I'm not complaining

·
Registered
32 Posts
It will make your phone reboot on any AOKP rom (at least in my testing, i haven't tried others) no worries. It did a hot boot.

Here's the true fix

Download Fasterfix from the market. Change the server to "supl.google.com" (no www and obviously no quoatations)
Reboot you device, and watch your device lock on faster than ever.

Here is the ultimate fix and its a post I made : )

Since my first android which was a fascinate i I have obsessed with The gps . Finally I managed to get the correct setting but it was time for an upgrade ..Out of the box I was very disappointed with the how long it took to get a GPS lock on my GN ..So after doing my homework and and trying out a few different apps and settings I Finally have it down to a science where I get almost and instant lock !. There is a handy little free app called "GPScompassMap" that you can get at the market . It is an accurate app that tells you how many satellites you are locked into . Before you change your Gps settings do a test and see how many satellites you are locked into .. If your not getting between 8/8 and 11/11 here are the recommended settings .
of course make a backup :) By the way this is for United States settings ...Remember you need a program like root explorer to get access to the file. The file is located in System /etc and of course The name of the file is GPS.cnf ... These setting are awesome but like i said make a backup ..

ENJOY : )

NTP_SERVER=server 0.us.pool.ntp.org
server 1.us.pool.ntp.org
server 2.us.pool.ntp.org
server 3.us.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=0.north-america.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_2=1.north-america.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_3=2.north-america.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_4=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_5=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
ACCURACY_THRES=80
SUPL_PORT=7276