Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the developer forums for devices are only for rom releases then it be renamed to rom releases and an other created for devs that isn't private. I had an announcement I made moved into our general device chat and almost no one saw it because of that. I feel it would cause less confusion with where roms are and allow people to speak to developers and devs to speak amongst themselves. A toggle to make a thread private to just devs would be awesome as well

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
aceoyame said:
If the developer forums for devices are only for rom releases then it be renamed to rom releases and an other created for devs that isn't private. I had an announcement I made moved into our general device chat and almost no one saw it because of that. I feel it would cause less confusion with where roms are and allow people to speak to developers and devs to speak amongst themselves. A toggle to make a thread private to just devs would be awesome as well
Im confused what u mean.. " then it be renamed to rom releases". Did u mean then it should be renamed to rom releases? Also we made it so end users cannot post new threads in the dev sections. Although they can post in already made threads. So generally they should be talking with you guys in the release threads you guys make. And also if you sticky a post in your team forums. They will not be symlinked to the developer forum, therefore a post like that would not be moved out of the developer section. You need to read this http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?6309-Developers-with-team-forums-Please-read . I explained alot of the problems ur talking about, in that thread.

Also there is a developer forum that isnt private. In the general section. Now if your saying you would want a subforum for that per device...id have to talk to bird and b16 about that...cus that would be a huge change. And also might end up causing more confusion being that there would be a releases forum and a developer forum..And like i said above, end users should be talking to you guys about stuff in the release specific threads....or if you mean a forum for them to ask you guys random questions, then make a stickied thread in your team sections and call it "talk to the devs" or something like that. And if devs want to talk amongst themselves they should be doing that here in this subforum...but if ur saying u would want one for devs only per device or per team forum. I can make you guys a passworded subforum inside your team forum. Or make it only viewable to you guys. As there is currently no way for us to make it so that you guys can toggle and a thread to make it private or not. There may be a plugin for it but, I honestly dont even know if there is or not. ill look into it

Hope this helps, please get back to me and ill see what we can do to make this better for you guys and the end users.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
I just discussed this with another member of our staff and for posts like the one u made....or any announcements period that you want in your team forums and not be moved to the general sections. you just need to sticky it in your team forum or do u not have a team forum? Cus if not then you would just have to post that in the general section. Unless you want me to make you a team forum. That way ur posts dont get symlinked to the developer sections, in the mean time until I discuss this issue with b16 and bird once they get back from the BBQ.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well instead of team forums I was thinking 2 subforms one for roms other for development. I just see a bunch of teams happening and cluttering everything up. A toggle would be nice to lock for devs only but I admit it'd be a little difficult to implement. I just see mainly an organizational issue as it says development but its for roms only. As for the other 2 I think we should keep the private one and then move the public one to each specific device as a subform. So I see it as device then general posts with roms and development as sub forums

Edit change that to releases not roms... I just thought about the themers lol

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
aceoyame said:
Well instead of team forums I was thinking 2 subforms one for roms other for development. I just see a bunch of teams happening and cluttering everything up. A toggle would be nice to lock for devs only but I admit it'd be a little difficult to implement. I just see mainly an organizational issue as it says development but its for roms only. As for the other 2 I think we should keep the private one and then move the public one to each specific device as a subform. So I see it as device then general posts with roms and development as sub forums

Edit change that to releases not roms... I just thought about the themers lol
i talked to bird...and honestly at the moment to change all that stuff around would be too big of a change...and would probably end up making everything more confusing, because people are used to what they are used to. and if we changed the whole site structure, to fit that. I think it would cause alot of mayhem. And really if we did a releases section, and then we did a development section.....devs are gonna start posting work in both sections...or one or the other...and then your gonna have n00bs posting random stupid questions in the development section. When it has nothing to do with development....they just dont know where to post stuff so they just post it....i mean before i made it so that the only devs and themers could post in the development section.....we spent a crap load of time moving posts from the development section to the general section. because people dont know what they are doing and just post it wherever. I mean right now we're just adding team forums to the developer sections and adding symlinks....so if you want to goto a certain teams section and find everything you can. Or you can just see all the development release in the development sections....i mean if you think we should just change the name of the developer sections to releases, instead of development we could probably do that. But i just think making two seperate forums inside in each phones section. Would end up in the long run being a waste of time, and just create more confusion about where stuff should and should not be posted. If you want to make some more points of why and why not to do some stuff....feel free to keep this convo going. Ill keep checking this thread. But i think for now the only major change we would make is change the names of the dev subforums to Releases or something like that.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like the best we can do for now then. At times I forget how dumb the noobs can be.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
aceoyame said:
That sounds like the best we can do for now then. At times I forget how dumb the noobs can be.
hahaha I heard you. And its just gotten worse lately as we're getting a mass flood of new users lately. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts