Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of launchers out there, both free and paid. I'm just curious what everyone uses and what is the selling point for them using it?

I, myself have both Launcher Pro and ADW EX. My Launcher Pro has been backed up and frozen ever since I got ADW EX. I like the customization and the interface that ADW EX provides. The differences in the two is very minimal however. ADW EX also runs a little bit smoother on my phone for some reason. It's pretty much become my "go to" launcher every time I switch roms, themes, or do an sbf, or anything else in that regard.

So, what launcher does everyone use, and why?

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
I'm about to try adw ex, but I've mostly used either the tweaked gingerbread launcher the devs release with their roms or launcher pro.

·
Teh Awesomezors
266 Posts
I've used Sense, ADWEx, LauncherPro, GoLauncher, SweeterHome, and OpenHome. Out of all of these, I keep coming back to ADW mostly because of the icon skinning capabilities.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
Wow, I didn't know adw was so smooth! I tried it long time ago, but kept going back to launcher pro because it was the only smooth one at the time I guess.

·
Student
60 Posts
Try Zeam Launcher its crazy smooth and uses gesture movements for opening apps dialer and toggling full screen quick uninstall of apps with it and sports a cool dock that scrolls when you fill it up good. Its a beautiful launcher in my opinion and I feel everyone should try it. !!

G

·
While it won't apply if you're not running MIUI, I use the stock MIUI launcher and love it. I know some people don't like how it resembles the iPhone, but I find it to be more visually pleasing than any other launcher. It's nice and simple to use as well. I highly doubt I'll ever run any other launcher.

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw this theme for Launcher Pro in someone's screenshots of their homescreens. It made everything transparent which was pretty sweet looking. Facebook, twitter, and the calendar were all transparent. Does anybody use that theme at all? I really liked the look of it.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I have a transparent one with white writing called Mimimal White.
I think the 'Minimal' series has a few colors.

Also I have stuck with Launcher Pro mainly for the widgets but I do really like GO Launcher and also Zeam.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
507 Posts
I use to be a huge LauncherPro fan but it had been locking up on me after reboot. I am currently using GoLauncher EX and I enjoy it very much.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Im on go launcher ex to! After i was a long time on launcher pro i tried it and was amazed how much better go launcher ex is!!

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
i used to use LP & LPP religiously until I found ADW EX. I love the true infinite scroll and the hidden dock bar. And I got tired of waiting for LPP's big rewrite. I have gone back to it occasionally to see if anything has improved but nothing has.

·
Average Android
92 Posts
I have been on adw ex for some time now which is great. I have been using golauncher ex the past week and I love it. I think I will stick with it for a while.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Used to be a dedicated ADW EX user but have recently moved on to LPP. Love the Widgets and it is silky smooth. I had issues with ADWEX slowing down and redrawing too often. I do miss the ability to easily change desktop icons on the fly and in quick fashion. I don't like having to use Desktop Visualizer just to achieve this. Also dont like how it handles the themes / icon packs. Hopefully in the rewrite, which Fede states is still going to happen. I have faith. Especially after Uber Music. XD

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I have used most of them, but currently I just stick to ADW ex running on cm7. I really liked launcher pro (on stock) but continually had issues with it ranging from full lockups to Widgets changing size and alignment. I might give it another go on cm7 to see if it runs smoother, but I'll probably stick with adw ex for awhile. It just runs so smooth for me and tweaking things has become so easy now I could do it blind folded! Regardless of which launcher you use, they all seem pretty damn nice when compared to my stock launcher :)

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I have both ADW Launcher EX and GO Launcher EX installed on my phone, both of them works fine. I just switch launcher time to time.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
Using ADW EX now. Sometimes I'll go back to LPP or just install some random launcher from the market to mess with.

·
The GMan
113 Posts
I went from lp to adw then to go launcher which I've been on for a minute. Go comes off as the best of both worlds for me, but depend on your style.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
ras0787 said:
I saw this theme for Launcher Pro in someone's screenshots of their homescreens. It made everything transparent which was pretty sweet looking. Facebook, twitter, and the calendar were all transparent. Does anybody use that theme at all? I really liked the look of it.
I use Signals23 transparent themes (clear) with LPP, free in the Market, and honestly havent found anything I like better.

edit/ I wish fede would patch LPP so it would crash a little faster on boot, in lieu of the fabled rewrite

1 - 20 of 71 Posts