Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mexiken said:
Meh. Their screens are pretty crap. Both tech and resolution. Nice build quality on the phone itself though, usually.
Yea, motorola screens SUCK! Also, they were using the. 32 kernel for their GB builds. Wtf is that? No thanks, samsung is the way to go.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

·
2,348 Posts
"Brian said:
The locked bootloader is what will always keep me away from Motorola until they unlock it again. I will admin, I am intrigued by the Razr but not enough to let the Nexus pass me by. Especially because it is not shipping with ICS it looks like...
Plus, the Galaxy Nexus has full HD resolution, while the Droid RAZR only has qHD (however, both use pentile matrix which effectively cuts resolution almost in half)

Has anyone seen John Connor?

·
Android Apprentice
230 Posts
Why wouldn't verizon leave the Nexus unlocked, without bloat??

This phone is for another demographic. Verizon is trying to cover a full market share. They will have something to offer to every kind of smartphone users.

I don't know what percentage of android users root their phones? Probably less than 10 percent. The average person is not into toying with their phones. They want it to work with all the bells and whistles pre-installed.

Verizon is not likely to lose income over the tech crowd, because they weren't using their apps anyway. The average consumer either uses the bloat or ignores it. The user interfaces makes it easier for them.

What they are likely to do is capture the tech crowd. The tech crowd will pay out of contract and love the latest tends. They can make up for vzw bloat revenue by having the best phone for rooted users accross carriers.

·
Average Android
392 Posts
November 10 is the release date for this and the razor.

I honestly think at this point my next phone will have to have a gorilla glass screen. Anyone know if the prime does?

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
"tbot said:
November 10 is the release date for this and the razor.

I honestly think at this point my next phone will have to have a gorilla glass screen. Anyone know if the prime does?

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk
Is that official? I saw the pic of the leaked ad but I want something official

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Nothing official yet but its down to a month at least. Its coming sometime in November, probably sooner than later. Verizon will probably just add a couple stuff like they did on the Xoom. Actually I think I only remember my Verizon bring preloaded on there. Mine broke so I can't check but in pretty sure that's the only bloat I saw.

·
2,348 Posts
There's a fresh new round of rumors circulating now, that Verizon may yet reprise its Runaway Bride routine and leave the Galaxy Nexus (and us) at the altar - https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/ljn6s I would be deeply disappointed (but not that surprised) if Verizon pulls a stunt like this, like the one they pulled with the Nexus One. I still have a hard time picturing Verizon releasing a high-end phone that they can't cripple with their bloat. I can't see their bean counters letting it happen :'( Remember, there was tons of "evidence" and many "leaks" that "proved" Verizon would carry the Nexus One, until Verizon jilted its egghead customer contingent at the last minute. Regardless of how many screenshots, Cellebrite renders, and SCH-i515 URLs are out there, it never happened until Verizon announces it themselves.

[EDIT:] if there's no Galaxy Nexus for Verizon, I might have to get the inferior (LCD) display offered by the Rezound (Vigor) in order to keep my unlimited data rather than switching carriers to get the new Nexus :'(

[EDIT2:] before you say, "well, they passed on the Galaxy S2, so that proves they're getting the Galaxy Nexus," please remember that Verizon is under NO obligation to get a next-generation Samsung device at all.

·
I am the Stig
223 Posts
skynet11 said:
There's a fresh new round of rumors circulating now, that Verizon may yet reprise its Runaway Bride routine and leave the Galaxy Nexus (and us) at the altar - https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/ljn6s I would be deeply disappointed (but not that surprised) if Verizon pulls a stunt like this, like the one they pulled with the Nexus One. I still have a hard time picturing Verizon releasing a high-end phone that they can't cripple with their bloat. I can't see their bean counters letting it happen :'( Remember, there was tons of "evidence" and many "leaks" that "proved" Verizon would carry the Nexus One, until Verizon jilted its egghead customer contingent at the last minute. Regardless of how many screenshots, Cellebrite renders, and SCH-i515 URLs are out there, it never happened until Verizon announces it themselves.

[EDIT:] if there's no Galaxy Nexus for Verizon, I might have to get the inferior (LCD) display offered by the Rezound (Vigor) in order to keep my unlimited data rather than switching carriers to get the new Nexus :'(

[EDIT2:] before you say, "well, they passed on the Galaxy S2, so that proves they're getting the Galaxy Nexus," please remember that Verizon is under NO obligation to get a next-generation Samsung device at all.

Been reading through the comments on reddit and raise_the_black_flag had an interesting comment that "Galaxy Nexus just got confirmed by Marni Walden on a Q3 results webcast for Verizon Wireless. Dan Mead did mention receiving a high volume of email in regards to the device, so it appears the campaign was noticed.". I can't find anywhere that is confirming this though.

·
2,348 Posts

·
Android Dude
394 Posts
ElectroGeek said:
Here is a different thought. What if vzw won't subsidize the sg nexus. If you want it you gotta pay FULL PRICE. That would suck...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
running Hexen
I'll be paying full price, thank you very much. Or at least adding it to my account. :) Then I'd have to try to hide the bill from my wife. ;-)

RUBBIN ON MY G-NEXTICLES!!!

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.