Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
2,348 Posts
More last-minute delays plague the first ever Nexus phone to hit Verizon,as noted in the following Phandroid article: "Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Delayed?" http://phandroid.com/?p=75938
Could they still welch on their commitment to sell the Nexus? Are they holding it up so they can remove the Nexus branding, call it the Droid Prime and cripple it with crapware? Granted, units are already in stock at Verizon stores and other retailers, but they could easily (in terms of probability, not in terms of difficulty, and certainly not cheaply) be recalled. In fact, media reports abound of an email sent out to all retailers and Verizon stores instructing them NOT to sell them until further notice. Some people even came within a hairbreadth of buying one, but the cashier would be notified at the LAST second about the email and inform the customer that they can't buy it. Why send such a despicable email out? What could possibly be the reason for this last-nanosecond delay? Thoughts?

Has anyone seen John Connor?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
More last-minute delays plague the first ever Nexus phone to hit Verizon,as noted in the following Phandroid article: "Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Delayed?" http://phandroid.com/?p=75938
Could they still welch on their commitment to sell the Nexus? Are they holding it up so they can remove the Nexus branding, call it the Droid Prime and cripple it with crapware? Granted, units are already in stock at Verizon stores and other retailers, but they could easily (in terms of probability, not in terms of difficulty, and certainly not cheaply) be recalled. In fact, media reports abound of an email sent out to all retailers and Verizon stores instructing them NOT to sell them until further notice. Some people even came within a hairbreadth of buying one, but the cashier would be notified at the LAST second about the email and inform the customer that they can't buy it. Why send such a despicable email out? What could possibly be the reason for this last-nanosecond delay? Thoughts?

lol wow they are VERY dramatic! They need to calm down and take a breathe and think about things before they post them.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
id get one if the price came down, im not paying 700+ for any phone. plus if you have been watching the android central podcasts both phil & jerry recommend you guys go out and buy a nexus s and install ice cream on it.

·
Android Apprentice
225 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
id get one if the price came down, im not paying 700+ for any phone. plus if you have been watching the android central podcasts both phil & jerry recommend you guys go out and buy a nexus s and install ice cream on it.
Same here....if that 700+ reported is accurate I think I'll have to pass. Stupid amount of money for a phone. 650 I would do though lol

·
Android Beginner
65 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
If it worked on Verizon I would have had it for a year already and would still be ready for this phone.

·
2,348 Posts
Mustang302LX said:
lol wow they are VERY dramatic! They need to calm down and take a breathe and think about things before they post them.
Font Circle Symbol Graphics Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Spartan051xKurtA said:
I think it will come out but it well be the last time google will choose Verizon again and that goes for me too!
Agreed. The honeymoon between Google & Verizon is already troubled, and I think when the GNex is finally released, it will be the last Nexus device Verizon gets for a long time.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.