Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Supporting Member - aka crack giver
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my cousin bought my droid x from me after I bought the Thunderbolt. All is fine and dandy, he upgraded to gingerbread (im 90% positive its the leaked w/ root) now 2 days ago he sends me a gtalk message saying his dx wont turn on and blah blah blah, i tell him to see if he can plug it in and get to CWR or anything...All it does when its plugged in is going to the Motorola "M" part of the bootloader...any ideas and tips to help me revive the droid x?

Thanks in advance guys/gals

·
Perry the Platypus
123 Posts
Sounds like he needs to sbf to froyo. This will get him back into an operating system at least. He can either take the OTA to GB, stay on Froyo or flash the leaked GB. Make sure he reads up if he starts flashing things. It's always best to know what you are getting into before doing it.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
he may be able to get into CWM or at least the stock recovery and wipe data.
from a screen off point
hold power and down volume, and it should boot into CWM
wipe data,
flash rooted GB again

or hold home and power, should boot to the triangle and exclamation point, and i think hitting up and down volume brings it to stock recovery
here he can wipe data and hopefully that fixes it.

if not, SBF is the only way.

·
Pastafarian
125 Posts
Turdbogls said:
he may be able to get into CWM or at least the stock recovery and wipe data.
from a screen off point
hold power and down volume, and it should boot into CWM
wipe data,
flash rooted GB again

or hold home and power, should boot to the triangle and exclamation point, and i think hitting up and down volume brings it to stock recovery
here he can wipe data and hopefully that fixes it.

if not, SBF is the only way.
This. 98% sure you need to wipe your data/cache. If it shows the M, you are in luck in most cases, but if nothing works, SBF.

·
Perry the Platypus
123 Posts
ryan said:
This. 98% sure you need to wipe your data/cache. If it shows the M, you are in luck in most cases, but if nothing works, SBF.
I guess I misread... I thought he meant it went from the M to the bootloader. Now I see that he is just stuck at the M. Wipe Data\Factory Reset should do the trick.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
i had that problem...and i wasnt even able to .sbf back to froyo.....so i figured id just let u know what problem was in case u run into the same problem i had. Make sure if u end up having to .sbf that u have the full froyo .sbf because i had the shado one that is system only which wont flash stock recovery...so i ended up having to go back the a really old version even before froyo and then flashed a recovery only .sbf. But i could have solved this whole problem by just having the whole froyo .sbf which is called VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf so make sure if u .sbf that u get that one...

·
Supporting Member - aka crack giver
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SyNiK4L said:
But i could have solved this whole problem by just having the whole froyo .sbf which is called VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf so make sure if u .sbf that u get that one...
sbf'ed with that one, still sits at the motorola M logo..i want to throw this droid at a brick wall lol

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
You have to wipe cache and data after an sbf from stock recovery. Battery pull then hold home and power button. At the triangle screen hit the search key. Wipe cache and data then reboot.

Sent from my Apex Infused Droid X.

·
Perry the Platypus
123 Posts
Agt Studly said:
any other possible way to get to that? ive held it for a min and the triangel doesnt show up?
Pull the battery, put it back in, hold home and power until you see the triangle, then press search.

Stomped from my DX

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
fc127 said:
Pull the battery, put it back in, hold home and power until you see the triangle, then press search.

Stomped from my DX
The search button won't work. After you see the triangle press the volume buttons if your still on gb

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Agt Studly said:
any other possible way to get to that? ive held it for a min and the triangel doesnt show up?
well if u want to gchat me....or something i can show u the way i did it.....i basically used 3 .sbf's to get to where i was fixed....i believe it was a 2.1 .sbf(system only) then a 2.1(stock recovery).sbf and then froyo .sbf and that saved me....if u need the names of the .sbfs lemme know...but im not sure why flashing the full .sbf and going into stock recovery isnt working for u.....?

EDIT: Well heres what i did in order
1: Flashed VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf
2. Flashed SHADO_X6_2.3.32_RECOVERY-ONLY.sbf
3: Started up stock recovery (By hold power + home) then (pressed search button after ! shows up) .
4. Wiped data and cache from stock recovery
4. Flashed VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf

Fixed!

·
Supporting Member
166 Posts
SyNiK4L said:
well if u want to gchat me....or something i can show u the way i did it.....i basically used 3 .sbf's to get to where i was fixed....i believe it was a 2.1 .sbf(system only) then a 2.1(stock recovery).sbf and then froyo .sbf and that saved me....if u need the names of the .sbfs lemme know...but im not sure why flashing the full .sbf and going into stock recovery isnt working for u.....?

EDIT: Well heres what i did in order
1: Flashed VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf
2. Flashed SHADO_X6_2.3.32_RECOVERY-ONLY.sbf
3: Started up stock recovery (By hold power + home) then (pressed search button after ! shows up) .
4. Wiped data and cache from stock recovery
4. Flashed VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf

Fixed!
Alternately, you can avoid flashing all these and just use the bootable full 2.3.340 SBF cd made by 1KDS over on droidxforums. He made a cd with the full sbf within it, then wrapped the sbf_flash utility into a Linux build that will boot on any computer that permits booting from a cd, Mac included. Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
mikeinrichmond said:
Alternately, you can avoid flashing all these and just use the bootable full 2.3.340 SBF cd made by 1KDS over on droidxforums. He made a cd with the full sbf within it, then wrapped the sbf_flash utility into a Linux build that will boot on any computer that permits booting from a cd, Mac included. Here's is the link to the thread:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721
is this different from just flashing "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf"? cus thats the reason i posted all this...cus when i had the same problem he did...i tried flashing "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf" and it didnt work...i was still stuck at the "M" logo and thats what he said happened to him...So i was explaining what i did to get my phone working again. Because when i flashed "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf" that file it didnt get my stock recovery back....for whatever reason....so i flashed an older version of android that had a recovery only .sbf and that got me back into stock recovery

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
SyNiK4L said:
is this different from just flashing "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf"? cus thats the reason i posted all this...cus when i had the same problem he did...i tried flashing "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf" and it didnt work...i was still stuck at the "M" logo and thats what he said happened to him...So i was explaining what i did to get my phone working again. Because when i flashed "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf" that file it didnt get my stock recovery back....for whatever reason....so i flashed an older version of android that had a recovery only .sbf and that got me back into stock recovery
Flash it at least 3 times, when I first flashed from gb to froyo via sbf, I got stuck at the recovery bootloader with a code corrupt error. Which is worse than err 1f7004ff. So flash it more than once

via Tapatalk

·
Themer
332 Posts
mikejs78 said:
Besides bootloader version, what is being used to flash the SBF? Is it a Windows PC, Mac, or Linux?
that too, ive had experience with pc and linux/ubuntu so if u need help lmk

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
do this, camera button + vol down + power, what does it say for the bootloader version?
Bootloader version did not change between froyo and gb. It stayed at 30.04 or 3.40 whichever it is

via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.