Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Huge Procrastinator
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so my incredible's power button broke and I have no control over it, therefore, i cannot access the power menu to do simple tasks like screenshot, reboot, airplane mode, etc. (but for some reason my phone powers on automatically when the battery is inserted) Is there any way i can remap any softkey to bring up the power menu? it really doesnt matter which softkey it is when pressed and held, but i would prefer the search key. Right now im running cyanogenmod nightly 158 (i think? idk lost track). Thanks! :D

·
Lead Developer HS
19 Posts
also afaik It is physically connected on PMU to suspend and resume the CPU, so i doubt it could be remapable also it's not like the buttons, you can't afaik remap it via software.

·
Huge Procrastinator
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Samuel2706 said:
Oh dear try messing with the button, is it actually properly broken? or do you press it really hard and it works?
Nope, completely busted. i made my phone wakeable by pressing the volume buttons and setting it to sleep by pressing a button on the notifications widget

Samuel2706 said:
also afaik It is physically connected on PMU to suspend and resume the CPU, so i doubt it could be remapable also it's not like the buttons, you can't afaik remap it via software.
thanks, didnt know that. dont have much background hardware :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts