Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo whenever I open up the camera on my Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile SGH-T959 running with Wind Mobile), it says "Camera Failed", then force closes. HELP! How do I remedy this?

At first, I thought that perhaps the G+ app I downloaded was the problem, so I did a hard reset (soft reset first, duh). No luck either way.

Any suggestions would be great, but I'm hoping to avoid rooting if necessary. I'm running stock everything (Froyo 2.2).

Thanks very much!

Edit : I've been told that rooting could potentially be the answer to getting my camera working. I'm looking into it, but I haven't been convinced either way. I'm a n00b to this kind of thing so be kind! Gracias!

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
Rooting won't help... unless you install some custom firmware(cm7, tw, etc...). Probably the easiest fix(if its software related.).

Ummmmm all in all, I think it might be a hardware problem, tho. If u haven't rooted, then there's no way you could've messed with anything like the framework, etc...

In short.... if nothing else works, root and flash. You'll be a lot happier.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stellar! So my camera is up and running again. Now, it stays open longer, and if it does close, a simple restart seems to do the trick :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts