Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi all,

I'm a newbie here and just bought a motorola photon 4g. updated to the latest firmware & rooted.

yesterday i installed LOCK 2.0 full and to my bad luck now it freezes on my homescreen.

cannot see the home menu , it just superimposes the wall paper and i cannot get in to menu to reset the phone

can anyone help on getting my phone to its original state.

Thanks in advance.

·
Sourcerizer
819 Posts
Well, if you don't mind resetting your phone (factory reset, you'll have to set up your settings, apps, accounts again).

You can follow these instructions to boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset:

http://androidforums...hard-reset.html

If you've got adb installed on a pc, you should probably be able to connect your phone, then look into /data/apps and remove the Lock 2.0 apk manually. You'll probably want to find any matching folder in /data/data and /data/dalvik-cache and delete those as well. This should remove the app causing the problem and upon reboot you may or may not be back to normal.

I know the Droid X can boot into safe mode with a combination of keys pressed on startup, but I don't know the procedure for the photon. You may look into that as well. That should let the phone boot without any 3rd party apps, then you could just remove the lockscreen app normally.

If you need some help with adb commands, just ask...

Edit: Obviously I don't have a photon, so I cannot confirm that the instructions provided in the link for the factory reset actually work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts