Android OS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Hey all, my dx is in a huge mess... I wanted to install the newest miui weekly, and of course create a new nandroid. I was led to think miui's kernel is froyo, so I tried to use DX bootstraper to go into CWM.

This was the wrong method I learned, I didn't have the 2-int CWM installed. This led me into a loop at the "M" screen. naturally, I tried to SBF to froyo, to reinstall miui from scratch. I used the file called "the gift". The file was named "VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01".

This installed incorrectly, and my DX showed errors A5, 70, 70, 00, and 1F. It also said "new map Blank, service req'd". So I figured I used the wrong file. After this, I SBF'd a file named "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01", reading it would flash to stock. This led me to Be stuck in the Bootloader menu on my phone, and RSD lite stating "code corrupt, failed".

I have no idea what to do now, I've googled quite a Bit, to no avail.. Is my DX permanently bricked?

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
Go to this thread and download the link for Official Droid X 2.3.34 SBF. That will get you back to froyo be sure to check MD5 on your download before installing so you know you don't have a bad download.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
"Shane269 said:
Go to this thread and download the link for Official Droid X 2.3.34 SBF. That will get you back to froyo be sure to check MD5 on your download before installing so you know you don't have a bad download.

Sorry forgot the link...
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=399

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
keef said:
Hey all, my dx is in a huge mess... I wanted to install the newest miui weekly, and of course create a new nandroid. I was led to think miui's kernel is froyo, so I tried to use DX bootstraper to go into CWM.

This was the wrong method I learned, I didn't have the 2-int CWM installed. This led me into a loop at the "M" screen. naturally, I tried to SBF to froyo, to reinstall miui from scratch. I used the file called "the gift". The file was named "VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01".

This installed incorrectly, and my DX showed errors A5, 70, 70, 00, and 1F. It also said "new map Blank, service req'd". So I figured I used the wrong file. After this, I SBF'd a file named "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01", reading it would flash to stock. This led me to Be stuck in the Bootloader menu on my phone, and RSD lite stating "code corrupt, failed".

When you reboot, does it reboot to bootloader and show errors, or does it boot up to the M then just cycle there?

I have no idea what to do now, I've googled quite a Bit, to no avail.. Is my DX permanently bricked?
When you reboot, does it reboot to bootloader and show errors, or does it boot up to the M then just cycle there?

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
also. being that u flashed that really old sbf file.u might end up having to work ur way back to froyo. If the one shane linked u to, on my thread doesnt end up working out for you. pm me and ill explain what i had to do one time i flashed a older sbf. I ended up basically having to flash 2.1 and then 2.2. But the one shane posted should work for u.

O AND BIG THING, ONLY TRY TO FLASH A CERTAIN SBF ONCE. IF IT DOESNT WORK THE FIRST TIME DONT KEEP TRYING AND ALSO DONT KEEP TRYING TO REBOOT. Because theres no way to charge your phone right now. until you can get into android again. and if u keep flashing and rebooting your phone is gonna die. and then ur gonna have to find another person to charge ur battery for you. or borrow theirs.

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
keef said:
It won't even get to the M, I'm trying the file shane posted soon..
If you get to the bootloader and it has errors at the top there is a chance that you bricked your phone since your bootloader version is 30.04 and the file you originally flashed is incompatible.

Your best chance is that file so let us know how it goes

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm at a bootloop at the Moto M.. RSD said it finished no errors, I guess its safe to pull?

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for multiple posts, its all set! Time to z4 and install miui! Am I safe to install miui straight from froyo? Last time I installed from CM7.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I am on Bootloader 30.04 sbf's back to .340 installed the latest miui, everything was going great and I changed a couple of the home screens, changed the clock, made a folder and put it down. the next thing I notice is that I am at the M and its not going anywhere. I tried booting into bootstrap recovery and it would only go to stock recovery. Did a factory reset and wiped the cache still would not get passed the M. SBF'ing now then nandroid to my backup. I will report back on the status.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
droid. said:
I am on Bootloader 30.04 sbf's back to .340 installed the latest miui, everything was going great and I changed a couple of the home screens, changed the clock, made a folder and put it down. the next thing I notice is that I am at the M and its not going anywhere. I tried booting into bootstrap recovery and it would only go to stock recovery. Did a factory reset and wiped the cache still would not get passed the M. SBF'ing now then nandroid to my backup. I will report back on the status.
make a new thread if u need help from here on. im changing the name of this one to solved

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I know this is solved, however I want to clear a point without creating a new thread.

If I'm stuck on the "M Logo" (mine's really the fist from Liberty), you can't charge your battery at all? I can't get into CWM, Moto's Recovery. Just Bootloader to try and program my phone, but everytime I try it says "battery low cannot flash."

Just wanted to confirm.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
MegaWatz said:
I know this is solved, however I want to clear a point without creating a new thread.

If I'm stuck on the "M Logo" (mine's really the fist from Liberty), you can't charge your battery at all? I can't get into CWM, Moto's Recovery. Just Bootloader to try and program my phone, but everytime I try it says "battery low cannot flash."

Just wanted to confirm.
correct. your only options are to buy a wall charger for your battery. or find someone with a droid x to charge your battery. or buy a new battery. or splice usb wires and connect them to your battery terminals (tutorials in the forum)

why cant you get into stock recovery? should be able to. what exactly are you doing to try?

should also be able to get to cwm. have you tried these methods? http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/15019-boot-into-recovery-power-off-state.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts