Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Member
86 Posts
This isn't "super" important, but didn't know if anyone knew an answer. Everytime I try to restore a backup, whether through ROM magr or just booting into recovery I get an error message. It says "error while formatting /system!" Any thoughts? I have even tried wiping everything before restoring backup and still no luck...Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Professional Stuff Breaker
1,402 Posts
Hmm, that's quite odd. A few things to troubleshoot:

What version of ClockworkMod Recovery are you using?
Can you go into the Mounts menu, and format system (make sure to backup first!) without any issues?
After you get the error, hit the "Report problem" item in the advanced menu of ClockworkMod Recovery, then when you boot into Android copy the contents of /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log to a pastebin, and paste the link.

·
Supporting Member
86 Posts
I was using Clockwork Mod 4.0.1.5, but now I see that I just received the upday to 5.0.1.0. The next time it happens I will try and get the error message. I'm not sure though, what a pastebin is. And I have never tried the format system choice within the Mounts menu. I will give it a try...

**nevermind on pastebin...I just googled it...lol**

·
Supporting Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I think it was just a problem with that version of CWM. Now I'm not having any problems. Thanks for your help though DrMac...it was much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts