Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the newest galaxy nexus and i unlocked and rooted my phone. I installed the Apex rom and my phone rebooted and now my phone just has a black screen saying Google and the unlock sign. It's been frozen for about 30 minutes, so i took my battery out and rebooted. It still has the black screen with google and the unlock. how do i fix it?

·
Supporting Member
36 Posts
Wipe data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do i wipe data? I can't access anything. I connect it to my computer and nothing shows up because my phone is not completely on. and i can't do anything on my phone for the same reason.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
turn off. hold all 3 buttons. thats puts you in bootloader/fastboot mode where you can flash any of the factory images.
then use the vol buttons to change the selector to recovery, then power button to select

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turn off. hold all 3 buttons. thats puts you in bootloader/fastboot mode where you can flash any of the factory images.
then use the vol buttons to change the selector to recovery, then power button to select
I went into recovery mode and did wipe date. than reboot, and it goes back to the black screen with google and the unlock symbol.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
I'm guessing this is posted somewhere on the forum already, but here is the summary of this thread:

I found the simplest way was to utilize WugFresh's toolkit found at http://www.wugfresh.com/dev/gnex-root-toolkit/

1. from power off hold volume up, volume down, and power to get into bootloader mode
2. flash back to stock
3. sit and wait... Took about 10 Minutes, but was worth every second of it.

Then its all about using Wugs toolkit to reroot and go back to your business.

·
flashaholic
319 Posts
I'm guessing this is posted somewhere on the forum already, but here is the summary of this thread:

I found the simplest way was to utilize WugFresh's toolkit found at http://www.wugfresh....x-root-toolkit/

1. from power off hold volume up, volume down, and power to get into bootloader mode
2. flash back to stock
3. sit and wait... Took about 10 Minutes, but was worth every second of it.

Then its all about using Wugs toolkit to reroot and go back to your business.
i am having the same exact issue. once in recovery how do i flash to stock?

·
I just live here
475 Posts
thanks im an idiot. used wug's toolkit. love this forum u guys rock! nexus is back up. any thoughts on what i did to cause this?
Flashing a ROM without wiping, flashing a bad .zip, or powering down the device while flashing are three very good reasons for a "soft brick" or "bootlooping" device.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts