Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Huge Procrastinator
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can please get me a copy of a stock recovery for the Inc2 I'd gladly appreciate it.

I need it because I reverted back to stock gingerbread and got an update which my mom accepted and now the phone reboots to recovery to apply the update, which does not work because I have a clockworkmod recovery installed. I'm thinking I might as well apply the update with a stock recovery even if I loose root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
74 Posts
So how would one go about using the stock ruu, would you just rename it PG32IMG.zip and then flash in hboot since it contains a stock recovery? Forgive me, I come from the Moto world with SBF files and the how HTC ruu hboot thing is a little bit confusing at times.

·
Android Apprentice
74 Posts
I'm downloading now to keep on hand in case i need to go back to stock, lol. I figured it would need to be done in hboot with the stock recovery image included but I figured asking ahead of time instead of having to make a thread here would be a good thing. :)

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
I'm downloading now to keep on hand in case i need to go back to stock, lol. I figured it would need to be done in hboot with the stock recovery image included but I figured asking ahead of time instead of having to make a thread here would be a good thing. :)
When going back to stock you need the froyo frimware to get back to s-on or you will have yourself a brick :)
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1579-how-to-restore-to-stock-from-alpharevx-incredible-2-vivow-only/

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Although you can go back to froyo with s-on and then flash this as a pg32img.zip because it it signed and will work with s-on, then you have 2.3.4 instead of 2.2.1

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
im confused, all the topic on this are confusing and have different storys and im afriad of briking my phone. can someone help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts