Android OS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I used RomManager and chose a new rom to use, and now my phone just keeps getting to a screen that says something like "MikRoms" and then just recycles that screen anand a black screen over and over again.

So how can I get it out of this bootloop ?

I will do ANYTHING even if its going back to stock firmware and rom, i dont care i just want it fixed, thanks

:gasp:

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
What phone are you using?

Do you know how to boot into your recovery to wipe and install roms?

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Go to mounts and storage, format everything but your SD card. Then back to the main menu, then choose install zip from SD card. Choose which rom to install. Once it installs reboot the phone

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using an HTC Thunderbolt, I went to the "Mounts and Storage" menu and I have MANY different choices (examples: mount /cache , mount /sdcard, Format /cache, formate /data, format /system, ETC.) so which one do I need to choose ?

I just want to say in advance that you have already been a lot of help forreal, and VERY speedy replies :) thanks

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
It would be best to format all these options s EXCEPT the SD card.

Hey man, no need to thank me I'm just trying to help our community in my own way.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes !! It works :D no more boot looping !

Okay now that I have the rom "Gingeritis 1.2" running how can I just go back to the stock rom ? Where could I download it ?

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I would download mik rom on your computer then transfer it the the base directory of your SD card. You can mount the SD card from recovery, its under the mount and storage options.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
You might want to check out gingeritis first, I hear its pretty awesome. However evilmunkeh has a guide to return to stock for the thunderbolt. You can find it within the thunderbolt development forum.

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
Rogan said:
You might want to check out gingeritis first, I hear its pretty awesome. However evilmunkeh has a guide to return to stock for the thunderbolt. You can find it within the thunderbolt development forum.
If that ever happens again, all that means is you need ti wipe Data/Cache or Factory Reset.

Rule of thumb: If you get to the bootscreen and it restarts all you need is a data wipe :)

Looks like you guys got everything gifured out, just gonna slap a [Solved] on here for ya!

-MrBobrowitz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts