Android OS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Kid Amature
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running OMFGB and everything was working fine until my phone took a bad drop. Right after I dropped it, I tried to send a text, but it wouldn't send. I restored, wiped, ans even SBF and I still cant send messages! Did I break my phone?

·
Kid Amature
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"UrbanBounca said:
That would be an educated assessment.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Crap. :( Guess it's new DROID time.

·
Supporting Member
51 Posts
Beware daemons lie beyond! One of the old tricks to fix hardware issues is to determine which side of the force to use, left or right. Place the hardware on a hard flat surface. Approach the chosen side, lift it approximately six inches and let go. This fixed a lot of Sparc 1 workstations before the turn of the century.
:grin2:

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Tarkus.Z said:
Beware daemons lie beyond! One of the old tricks to fix hardware issues is to determine which side of the force to use, left or right. Place the hardware on a hard flat surface. Approach the chosen side, lift it approximately six inches and let go. This fixed a lot of Sparc 1 workstations before the turn of the century.
:grin2:
Remind me to never ask you for help. ;-)

·
Kid Amature
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. I flashed two ROM's, SBF twice and even to the OTA. None of that fixed it!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Sounds like the apk got messed up during the flashing process. Try flashing a different ROM. If that doesn't fix it use a different mms app. (I.E Handcent, go sms.) If that doesnt work. Set your phone back to stock unrooted and take it to verizon and let them look at it. The worst case its an mfg error and they weill send you out a new one.

·
Kid Amature
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Wolf said:
Sounds like the apk got messed up during the flashing process. Try flashing a different ROM. If that doesn't fix it use a different mms app. (I.E Handcent, go sms.) If that doesnt work. Set your phone back to stock unrooted and take it to verizon and let them look at it. The worst case its an mfg error and they weill send you out a new one.
I've flashed multiple Roms and tried gosms and stock messenger but still know luck. I'm going down to Verizon tomorrow. Im on stock. 602 so my insurance will cover it.

Some one can go a head and close this. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Gald i could be of Some help lol. it may not be what u wanted to hear. but sadly it must be a MFG error.

·
Developer
718 Posts
Let us know hwat Verizon does for you... good timing with the strike being over and everything.

·
Kid Amature
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. Funny thing. Apparently, when I dropped my Droid, Verizon's system had a hiccup, and blocked texting on my phone. The drop and the hiccup happened at the exact same moment. o_O The rep said that they had never seen anything like it...

Everything works now though, so I'm happy. Thanks for your help guys. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts