Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a couple of days ago, this started. Here's the issue, and no its not the rom. A couple of my letters while in portrait mode will NOT function. specifically, the R,D,X, and C keys. When in landscape right, they'll function so i know its not the programming. Alternatively, I've tried flashing other roms to isolate the issue, but it still happens. I'm guessing the touch screen is going out in those areas, do yall agree?

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
I see that happen too. It's random letters and it happens on both sense and aosp roms. Turning the screen off and on helps sometimes..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
cferra said:
I see that happen too. It's random letters and it happens on both sense and aosp roms. Turning the screen off and on helps sometimes..

I'm having the exact same issue...seems to have started about two days ago. Weird...I thought it was just me or Swype.... I noticed that it's the bottom part of my screen that's affected. For example in a web browser if you try to 'flick' to fast scroll to the bottom of a page it's a no go if you do the action at the bottom of the screen, but works fine near the top of the phone. Same with the app drawer, and it effectively makes swype useless.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thoughts are that the touch sensitive areas are malfunctioning. Guess I'm going to unroot and order a replacement lol

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
All these issues really make the tbolt subpar on the qa / build quality department...

·
Android Lover
268 Posts
It's a thunderbolt issue. Apparently some people over at xda were able to get Verizon to swap out for the Bionic since it's a known issue. I'll probably wait for the Prime or the Vigor and see if I can do the same.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
tekhna said:
It's a thunderbolt issue. Apparently some people over at xda were able to get Verizon to swap out for the Bionic since it's a known issue. I'll probably wait for the Prime or the Vigor and see if I can do the same.
heh, I'd rather have a "like new" Thunderbolt :)

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when I spoke to the tech guy on phone with vzw today, he said the bionic has issues as well, but so far they're only software issues with gingerbread.. I'm sure if there was CM7 for bionic, those issues would be negligible. I'm with hotelmrrsn though, rather would have a used tbolt than a bionic as of now

·
Average Android
91 Posts
really slowing down, bamf just pumped out a new sense 3 rom based on the latest leak and a better port of the sense and fixed most of the bugs in two days along with taking care of the 2.4.1 rom, working on ports for sense 3.5 and the doubleshot port,slow,not as far as I can tell

brought to you with limited commercial interuptions

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
satseaker said:
really slowing down, bamf just pumped out a new sense 3 rom based on the latest leak and a better port of the sense and fixed most of the bugs in two days along with taking care of the 2.4.1 rom, working on ports for sense 3.5 and the doubleshot port,slow,not as far as I can tell
+1
I've been in this game for many years now and its been a long time since I have seen a phone get as much attention as the TB.

I think we just got spoiled because we had an awesome run where these guys were pumping out something new almost every day!

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
So I Noticed that certain areas of my screen wont work if I have the USB cable plugged in. once I unplug everything works.. Im sure this isnt related but who knows.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
sammyboy405 said:
So I Noticed that certain areas of my screen wont work if I have the USB cable plugged in. once I unplug everything works.. Im sure this isnt related but who knows.
Are you using the cable that came with your phone? Off brand cables can cause these issues.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
satseaker said:

brought to you with limited commercial interuptions
Also just received a new CM7 update. Yep really slowing down. >.>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts