Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I have aokp 21. I did an lcd condense to 280. I have exodus theme installed. Everything is working great. I wanted to do a 1% battery mod. So I found one, and did not want to lose some images, so in the battery mod apk, I opened the systemui.apk and replaced the battery's softkeys with my old softkeys pngs. When I flashed and rebooted everything worked except all of my soft keys are pushed to the left. I would think that this is an lcd condense issue, but why did it not push them left with just the exodus theme? Also, when I go to settings - rom manager(control) I cant change the color of the softkeys anymore.

My main question is this: Is there a zip I can flash that is only for the battery? Every one I have found, the systemui.apk has images of their own that replace pngs from my exodus.

I am thinking that maybe there is just an xml I need to enter in to the exodus theme that will get it to recognize all 1-100 of my new battery icon. I tried replacing the images in the exodus systemui.apk with the new battery pngs. It works, except I am not getting all 1-100 to show up, just the increments that were already provided ex: 83, 57, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
You would have to decompile the systemui.apk and edit the sys_battery_status.XML to show all 101 battery files. Then recompile and flash.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Is there an easy way to decompile and edit? I have googled this a bit and everything seems very long wined and full of crazy instructions. Thanks
Not really. It isn't too difficult once you do it. Look up some YouTube videos about the commands and you'll learn quick. Modding takes time and effort. If you put the time into it and don't take the easy way out, you'll only benefit yourself in the long run.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really. It isn't too difficult once you do it. Look up some YouTube videos about the commands and you'll learn quick. Modding takes time and effort. If you put the time into it and don't take the easy way out, you'll only benefit yourself in the long run.

I will give it a shot when I get home. Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Is there a specific decompiler that everyone uses? I think I heard apktools, but not sure if that one is the best or not

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
Is there a specific decompiler that everyone uses? I think I heard apktools, but not sure if that one is the best or not
Apktool or apk multitool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts