Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on CM4DX and I decided I wanted to flash back to stock. I=So I sbf'd to the most recent file. It worked fine. But I got the flashing itch again so I decided to figure out how to root GB. Worked fine. Then I was messing in CWM and backed up my phone. did some more messing and decided to test my backup well in my haste I accidentally hit the wrong one. I selected the one from CM7 and I am certain that messed my phone up. I cannot get back into android and I am unsure how to fix it. I tried flashing stock GB again and nothing. I am downloading a different sbf in hopes it fixes it... but time will tell. Anyone have any ideas. I can only get into the bootloader and into recovery. Please HELP!!! LOL!!! I like having a phone... that works...

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I think that is one of the same ones I have tried already... BUT I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT!!! I really cant let this thing beat me. I already told my wife I got this. LOL!!!

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also one thing that may help... my recovery is different. I used to be able to press the search button to open the options... now I have to press both volume buttons at the same time. I also instead of pressing camera button to accept i have to use the power button to accept... just in case that has anything to do with what is going on with my phone

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
"suv32002 said:
also one thing that may help... my recovery is different. I used to be able to press the search button to open the options... now I have to press both volume buttons at the same time. I also instead of pressing camera button to accept i have to use the power button to accept... just in case that has anything to do with what is going on with my phone
That is normal. That is the new gingerbread stock recovery.

I can't stress this enough.

AFTER YOU SBF MAKE SURE YOU WIPE DATA IN STOCK RECOVERY OR YOU WILL BOOT LOOP OR GT STUCK ON THE BOOT LOGO!!

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
That's gingerbread. Froyo is the search button.

Try the iso, it's never failed me.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i wiped cache and factory reset it like 3 times... just in case lol

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will have to try that later... i dont have a dvd handy I am house sitting :(

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
I'm eating dinner playing bfbc and on the forums at once LOL. Talk about multi tasking

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice I think i do have one with me. if not oh well. tonight is the last night I am here.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE!!!! I think something worked. I tried the sbf of 602 I already had again, for the fourth time, and it worked!!! I tired it while I was waiting on the other things were downloading. I officially have the welcome to droid X screen!!! YAY!!! It's a phone again!

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
"suv32002 said:
UPDATE!!!! I think something worked. I tried the sbf of 602 I already had again, for the fourth time, and it worked!!! I tired it while I was waiting on the other things were downloading. I officially have the welcome to droid X screen!!! YAY!!! It's a phone again!
Just curious. Wat was the problem before. Were you stuck at the booyloader screen with errors? If so it takes multiple sbfs to fix

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i just was bootlooping and it just wasnt wanting to get fixed. in the future I guess I will sbf until I turn blue or my phone works lol

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
"suv32002 said:
no i just was bootlooping and it just wasnt wanting to get fixed. in the future I guess I will sbf until I turn blue or my phone works lol
Did u wipe data after the 1st Sbf? I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah I wiped it after the first time, then wiped it again after the second, then wiped it again after it still bootlooped, then abf'd two more time without wiping.

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
"suv32002 said:
yeah I wiped it after the first time, then wiped it again after the second, then wiped it again after it still bootlooped, then abf'd two more time without wiping.
LOL well I'm glad we got it figured out. I seriously recomemd still downloading the 4.5.602 ISO. It is way better and you don't have to have any drivers installed like you do for rsd lite. Also sometimes rsd lite has trouble recognizing your phone. I promise you you'll never have any issues with the ISO. Its best that you burn it to a cd not USB.

·
Android Lover
562 Posts
Deadly_Hamsters said:
Here's the easy ISO method.
Download the 4.5.602
Just burn to a disc.

Then reboot ur computer. On the BIOS screen hit F12 or f8 or escape. Then select boot from disc.

www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

It takes like 10 minutes to get to the menu. If it takes longer then 20 then reboot and retry. Once you start the sbf process it take 10 minutes

Take a look at the screenshots on the page
Try this, you do not need a cd to run this it works everytime. I hope it helps.

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/26131-another-useful-tool-our-recovery-bin.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts