Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a hp touchpad and it has Android version 2.2.1 which is for a cell phone and I haven't found any information and can't find any hlp online to even start with the upgrade to ICS, is there any one out there that can help me with this? If so it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Ok, I have a hp touchpad and it has Android version 2.2.1 which is for a cell phone and I haven't found any information and can't find any hlp online to even start with the upgrade to ICS, is there any one out there that can help me with this? If so it would be greatly appreciated
First, try a different font, the one you are using is extremely hard to read. Next go to this link and after reading the almost 3000 posts:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15509-releasealpha06-cyanogenmod-9-touchpad/

watch this video:

If you still have questions. please return here to ask them or in the CM9 thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your Touchpad came installed with Android 2.2 instead of webOS?
Must be part of the small batch that accidentally shipped with Android. I'm guessing Qualcomm was using Android as a means of testing the hardware and somehow a handful of devices got out with it still installed. That being said should the OP use WebOS Doctor to get WebOS on there and then install Android.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Must be part of the small batch that accidentally shipped with Android. I'm guessing Qualcomm was using Android as a means of testing the hardware and somehow a handful of devices got out with it still installed. That being said should the OP use WebOS Doctor to get WebOS on there and then install Android.
If your Touchpad does not have WebOS on it, you may run into issues rooting it with CM9. I know of no one on this forum that has tried doing that. You many want to contact the developers. They may want to trade you a TP running WebOS for yours running just Android. I don't know if running WebOS Doctor on yours will get WebOS installed side by side with Android sucessfully. It may just brick it. If no one wants your TP, you should contact HP for a replacement under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.