Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Wow thanks for posting that it looks really sick. I know what project I am working on today now.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
557 Posts
Mustang302LX said:
I wonder why they didn't just make a zip or apk or whatever to make this easier? I'm not feeling up to all those steps haha.
If it was even slightly different, the phone would lose it's status bar.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

·
Android Aficionado
196 Posts
Awesome customizations in that thread. I wish they were possible with Theme Chooser because I am too lazy right now to go through the extra effort!

·
A Chosen One
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone told the OP to submit it to cyanogenmod and possibly could make its way as a setting. I know its a little iphoneish but I think its cool.

Also they probably didn't do a zip because people run different themes. As far as I know you have to change it everytime you switch themes. I haven't done this mod yet will be real soon.

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Theoretically it might be possible to apply this with the theme engine, at least if the theme engine will replace the entire statusbar.xml and status_bar_expanded.xml files. And well, the theme engine is kind of retarded when it comes to replacing/theming deep elements in the OS.

Once I finish recovering from the massive failure that is OSX 10.7 Lion, I might look into this.

Cheers :)

·
Dev In Training
180 Posts
Ive been playing around with this to no avail. See the problem is the guy in this is on an older version of cyanogen mod, so his statusbar.xml and and status_bar_expanded.xml are different from one build to the next. So im not all that great with xml but i will keep giving a crack at it.

·
Dev In Training
180 Posts

Ok Im very close to gettting this working on hdpi devices i just need help with the xml code!
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" /><br />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" /><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryText android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" /><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryMiniIcon android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/CmBatteryMiniIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" /><br />
           <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
	  <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="15.0sp" android:typeface="normal" android:textStyle="normal" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center"  android:paddingTop="3.0px" android:paddingLeft="10.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" /><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_left" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_right_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_home" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_home_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep1" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_menu" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_menu_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep2" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_back" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_back_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep3" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_search" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_search_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep4" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_quick_na" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_na_up_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep5" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_hide" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_hide_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_right" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_left_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
        </LinearLayout><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip"><br />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" /><br />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" /><br />
        </ImageSwitcher><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0"><br />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" /><br />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" /><br />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background2" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" /><br />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView>

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
jmotyka said:

Ok Im very close to gettting this working on hdpi devices i just need help with the xml code!
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" /><br />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" /><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryText android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" /><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryMiniIcon android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/CmBatteryMiniIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" /><br />
           <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
	  <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="15.0sp" android:typeface="normal" android:textStyle="normal" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center"  android:paddingTop="3.0px" android:paddingLeft="10.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" /><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_left" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_right_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_home" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_home_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep1" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_menu" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_menu_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep2" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_back" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_back_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep3" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_search" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_search_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep4" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_quick_na" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_na_up_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep5" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_hide" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_hide_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_right" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_left_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
        </LinearLayout><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"><br />
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip"><br />
        </ImageSwitcher><br />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0"><br />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background2" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" /><br />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView>
I'll see if I can figure anything out. What status bar icons are you using? I've been looking for those but never could figure out where they came from. Also, did you get your status bar transparent? Hard to tell from the shot, I haven't been able to get that working yet.

·
Dev In Training
180 Posts
Yes it is transparent. The icons are EasyDay CM7 theme modified a bit. Yea go ahead and look at it.

·
Flashaholic
348 Posts
That looks sweet. Like others I wish I was more trustworthy of myself to edit the xml. Heck took me a weekend just to change the verizon wireless let alone the whole status bar. LOL

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Have you tried putting line 10 (statusbar.Clock) outside of the LinearLayout? So line 10 before line 4. The clock is wrapped in the layout for the notification and status icons in your XML, but in Taine0's XML its outside the wrapper.

I've been trying to play with this a bit but I'm having issues with APK Manager. I get an error every time I try to compile, and I end up with no status bar >.<.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts