Android OS Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
G

·
Jaxidian said:
My thoughts as somebody who moved from the Droid X to the Thunderbolt...

Given that you'll be grandfathered into unlimited LTE even if you still have a DX and given that CM7 is now on DX, I'd say stay unless it's worth $450 (cost of a TBolt off contract not from VZW) to be able to flash kernels and be where "all the devs" are. I left my Droid X because I was pissed off about its locked status and I was afraid of being left behind with unlimited LTE. Plus I was at contract-renewal time. At that point, I had some very different variables to consider than you do now.

Ultimately, if I were in your shoes, I would very likely stay on my Droid X, unless I figured flashing the latest/greatest hacks was worth $450. Given my financial status today, I would have to wait before it would be worth $450. A few months ago, perhaps it was worth $450, but not today.

So in other words, it depends. But is it worth $450 to you? Most people I would say it probably isn't. FTR, don't expect the TBolt to be tons better than your Droid X. That was one sweet phone (just crappy software, which has now been kinda fixed).
Well said. The Droid X is really getting better thanks to devs like cvpcs and others. CM7 on my phone is a night and day difference from the utter crap that is Blur (I know some people swear by it). The amount of tools and tweaks available really do me make my Droid X exactly the way I want it. As of right now, I'm extremely pleased with the amount of third party support it is receiving. Sure, you can get the latest bells and whistles with a Thunderbolt, but you ultimately have to weigh whether or not it's worth the money.

With Liberty, APEX, Darkslide X, CM7, and other ROMs out there for the DX, there's plenty of options to "transform" your phone. Ultimately, it just comes down to preference.

G

·
sparta31 said:
Apex and Liberty were my fav roms for the droid x haha and gummyjar got crazy battery life
Yeah, I really like Apex and Liberty as well. CM7 is my favorite because of the amount of fun I'm having with it, but I had better battery life with both Apex and Liberty. I never tried gummyjar, but I've heard good things.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.