Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
Thanks for this post! I got the 16gb for 121$ total. 1-day shipping added, it was all pretty cheap. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Vision using RootzWiki Forums

·
News Team
208 Posts
We just bought 2 through this link too :) Hopefully don't get an email saying they're out of stock. *pleads with universe*

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ndwatkins said:
We just bought 2 through this link too :) Hopefully don't get an email saying they're out of stock. *pleads with universe*
hahaha for real...id be sad :-(

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
A lot of sites are overwhelmed now so its basically first come first serve

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I got mine from OnSale at Amazon. Still haven't gotten any confirmation beyond the initial email I received after I placed my order yesterday evening. Anyone get a confirmation from OnSale?

·
Supporting Member
2 Posts
Nope, mine says "Shipping Soon" and I bought mine from OnSale yesterday.

·
RTR
91 Posts
Mine says shipping soon as well from onsale. I have heard of one person getting a order cancellation, may be a good sign.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
how are you guys getting the $99 price on amazon? i'm only seeing prices over $200... what gives? i've never used amazon before. maybe i'm just confused.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Amazon is a storefront for Amazon, LLC, as well as other retailers. When you look at Amazon.com right now, you will see OTHER retailers that are NOT selling at the HP msrp of $99.00. Over the weekend, Amazon LLC sold its inventory at the $99.00 price, and is now sold out (by most reports). OnSale was a retailer that sold through Amazon.com at the price of $99.00. Many of those orders are now in limbo.

Most of Amazon LLC's inventory sold out on Saturday morning, however for brief periods on Sunday, Amazon LLC sold some additional inventory on Amazon.com through its discount/special price area know as the "gold box". These specials are known as "lightning deals" because there is a very limited supply, so you have to be lightning quick to order ...

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tahl said:
Did you get yours from OnSale at Amazon?
Ya i did. But the problem was I accidently ordered mine to my old address and they charged my card....So When i finally got a hold of them early this morning and i canceled that one. And had the rep immediately order another one for me. I dn if this was a good plan or not. I also ordered one from B&N and whenever one of those 2 decide if they are gonna send it to me or not. Im going to cancel the other lol. Hopefully one of them works out. I havent gotten a confirmation from onsale for my second one. and the money also hasnt been taken out of my account yet. But the rep did say it would take 24-48 hours. And then my first one that I had canceled still says shipping soon. So i guess they havent even gotten around to canceling that one yet. And then my B&N one just says failed to process request just like everyone else's has. Althought i have been charged for that one too. This is just a huge mess. But im hopeing that atleast 1 of those 2 works out.I knew i shoulda just gone to wal-mart or something that first day.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jasoraso said:
Amazon is a storefront for Amazon, LLC, as well as other retailers. When you look at Amazon.com right now, you will see OTHER retailers that are NOT selling at the HP msrp of $99.00. Over the weekend, Amazon LLC sold its inventory at the $99.00 price, and is now sold out (by most reports). OnSale was a retailer that sold through Amazon.com at the price of $99.00. Many of those orders are now in limbo.

Most of Amazon LLC's inventory sold out on Saturday morning, however for brief periods on Sunday, Amazon LLC sold some additional inventory on Amazon.com through its discount/special price area know as the "gold box". These specials are known as "lightning deals" because there is a very limited supply, so you have to be lightning quick to order ...
kurtis.austin2 said:
how are you guys getting the $99 price on amazon? i'm only seeing prices over $200... what gives? i've never used amazon before. maybe i'm just confused.
ya thats why u cant see the 99 dollar one anymore. It was a short period of time deal. and now it seems they too overdid it.

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
I haven't gotten a conformitation from onsale either, ordered 24 hours ago. The email said id get one either today or tomorrow though, then receive my device the day after. Ill keep posted if I get one today, which I doubt.

Sent from my HTC Vision using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
According to the OnSale SlickDeals thread, they are cancelling orders for more than 2 of the device. A few people are reporting cancelled orders of single machines. That is all anyone knows as of now.

My order was invoiced 5:20PM Central time....nothing other than "Shipping Soon", like every other poor schlub out there. Funds for said purchase were reserved this morning.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts