Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people confirming that there able to run tegra 2 games (Shadowgun,etc..) on there touchpads. I have yet to come across a proper solution to get minds up and running. I've tried everything from chainfire3D pro 3.3 w/ all three PLUGINS, to editing build.prop (Also swapping fingerprints from know working tegra 2 props. I searched and tried virtually every method Google haves to offer (clearing market cache, then rebooting) still no luck
So I'm making this thread for some legit insight on how to get it working right
So if you care to share known "New" working methods so us in the community that don't have it working yet, can soon
be my guess
Oh yeah, To whom it may concern, Thanks in Advance.... Enjoy your day.

·
Android Apprentice
126 Posts
Buy a Tegra 2 based tablet. Problem solved!
This. I mentioned in the previous thread that you could use a tegra 2 phone or tablet, download the app and just pull the APK file. Thats the only way you're probably going to get it to work.

Reactions: herk718

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
make changes in chainfire as default settings and then restart the touchpad, try the game then.

you can test the chainfire settings by going into your photo gallery.. if the reduce texture size is enabled, then your gallery will look unimpressive..

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't even download the tegra 2 games off the market, its a yellow message at the top that reads unsupported device
and I've edited the build.prop a million times already. Still no luck, but thanks for your feedback. It might can help others that's reading

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
Buy a Tegra 2 based tablet. Problem solved!
This. I mentioned in the previous thread that you could use a tegra 2 phone or tablet, download the app and just pull the APK file. Thats the only way you're probably going to get it to work.
[/quote]
I don't think the OP is getting it.
Problem is, OP is wanting a 100% successful method to circumvent compatibility checks made by the market (check for Tegra 2). No method of circumventing this is 100% successful. This is why there are several different methods that users have suggested. The *only* 100% successful way to download apps that require Tegra 2 is to use a Tegra 2 based device to do it.
So OP, before you start yelling "troll" and saying I'm a smart ass, maybe you should think harder about what you're asking.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
In Chainfire 3D you have to run "Fix Market settings" to make Tegra2 apps available to you. I'm running Sprinkle Riptide GO, Pinball HD, and the Tegra version of Dungeon Defender on my touchpad. I've made zero build.prop edits myself, I've only modified CM7 Alpha 2.1 with a Honeycomb theme for Theme Chooser, and only have NVIDIA plugin installed. I've just been waiting to see if someone reports ShadowGun running before I drop the $5 for it.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
The following worked for me:
1. Purchase chainfire3d pro from market
2. Download and install nvidia plugin (Google it)
3. Use chainfire3d to fix market
4. Get free TegraZone app
5. In chainfire3d change per-app settings for TegraZone to use nvidia plugin
6. Run TegraZone and buy stuff.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I am getting an error while installing the chainfire3d driver. I don't have write permissions for the /system folder. Does anyone know what I can do to force write permission? I have already tried to use root explorer it is not able to change the permission levels.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
I am getting an error while installing the chainfire3d driver. I don't have write permissions for the /system folder. Does anyone know what I can do to force write permission? I have already tried to use root explorer it is not able to change the permission levels.
Which version of Alpha are you running? I ran fix permissions from the recovery and that fixed all those issues (I think it was fixed in Apha 2 as well)

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Are you using alpha 2.1? You can try to load into clockwork and wipe cache partition or reinstall alpha 2.1 ROM if it does not help - it would not remove any apps or reset your settings.

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
open root explorer, navigate to system directory, click the r/w button up top, go back to cf3d and you should be good. must have the paid root explorer.

edit: sorry, just read your post again and i see you've tried root explorer............

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
I successfully downloaded Shadowgun and played it on my TP. Only problem that I've run into, is that the newest update to Shadowgun has borked some of the texture files, so the player's gun, and enemies are "invisible". Haven't figured out a fix yet.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Android Lover
244 Posts
selk said:
The following worked for me:
1. Purchase chainfire3d pro from market
2. Download and install nvidia plugin (Google it)
3. Use chainfire3d to fix market
4. Get free TegraZone app
5. In chainfire3d change per-app settings for TegraZone to use nvidia plugin
6. Run TegraZone and buy stuff.
Followed this and it worked... except once I set each game to run using nvidia plugin I launch it from chainfire... it worked then.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
I successfully downloaded Shadowgun and played it on my TP. Only problem that I've run into, is that the newest update to Shadowgun has borked some of the texture files, so the player's gun, and enemies are "invisible". Haven't figured out a fix yet.

Sent from my DROIDX
Some forum fixes is to delete the folder on the sdcard that the game downloaded textures and such too and redownload it. It's not isolated to the Touchpad.

·
Android Beginner
163 Posts
Tegra games are rather easy to get working. I have pinball for tegra, 9mm THD, Fruit Ninja THD, Guerrilla Bob THD, Galaxy on Fire THD, and of course Shadow Gun. Chainfire 3D is usually all that is needed. Take a look at my Gameloft compatibility thread for directions on the games I just mentioned.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I have Chainfire 3D pro since it was launched, I use it on my SGS i9000, and it works flawlessly with the first nvidia plugin launched.
Just do a "Fix market settings" download tegra zone,, install flemard marketfix and you are good to go!

The only I had was the system r/w error, just reflash CM from CWM, it worked for me.

The barrels on Samurai Vengeance looks funny on my tp, everything else is great.

Gotta test if Shadowgun runs, I tried Backstab but is says not compatible and kicked me out... I hate gameloft, so im not gonna beg them for compatibility, they lost me as a client long time ago.

Actually somebody know if it is possible to run Bang Bang Racing? I heard it was impossible on my SGS cuz it requires dual core, but, we have a dual core here!
I just don't wanna download a big bunch of stuff for nothing.

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
herk718 said:
Many people confirming that there able to run tegra 2 games (Shadowgun,etc..) on there touchpads. I have yet to come across a proper solution to get minds up and running. I've tried everything from chainfire3D pro 3.3 w/ all three PLUGINS, to editing build.prop (Also swapping fingerprints from know working tegra 2 props. I searched and tried virtually every method Google haves to offer (clearing market cache, then rebooting) still no luck
So I'm making this thread for some legit insight on how to get it working right
So if you care to share known "New" working methods so us in the community that don't have it working yet, can soon
be my guess
Oh yeah, To whom it may concern, Thanks in Advance.... Enjoy your day.
Why don't you write out every thing you enabled and did in detail. in your OP you neglected to mention things that are said SPECIFICALLY on the chainfire thread on xda. Details get better help faster

1 - 20 of 29 Posts