Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are receiving LTE in my area on Thursday, so I wanted to go ahead and set my network from the CDMA/EVDO auto to the CDMA/EVDO/LTE auto, and when I did so, it says I'm receiving 0 bars of 3g. But when I do a speedtest it has normal 3g speeds similar to great coverage. Any ideas why the bars might not be showing?

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
the only thing i notice is that you are not fully connected to google servers (hence the white 3g icon) so maybe thats it.
not really sure what to tell you, but i always have accurate signal with CM7 connected to 4G and 3G.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok, I've never known what those different colors meant. How do I fix that issue of not communicating with the google servers? Also, sometimes I will receive like 3 bars, but then there will be no 3g, then the 3g comes on and the signal goes back down to 0 bars again. I still show decent results with speedtest.net though. Very confusing.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
vinnycogs820 said:
Ah ok, I've never known what those different colors meant. How do I fix that issue of not communicating with the google servers? Also, sometimes I will receive like 3 bars, but then there will be no 3g, then the 3g comes on and the signal goes back down to 0 bars again. I still show decent results with speedtest.net though. Very confusing.
the only way i have "fixed" it is to connect to gTalk or some other google app, or the market. i think after a while it would connect on its own, but that just speeds up the process.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it appears that it isn't actually affecting the signal my phone is receiving, because if I switch to the dBm mode, it shows right around -80 for either one. The 3g still switches on and off when on the cdma+evdo/LTE mode tho. Also when I do a speedtest it says my network is lte but I'm still only on 3g..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.