Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up this D2G from eBay. The guy said it was stuck on Bootloader and he couldn't get an SBF to stick so I thought I'd give it a try. Sure enough it is stuck on D0.11, battery OK, usb, connect to program, etc Bootloader on boot. I've tried to SBF .330 twice via Linux (I know how to do this, I've SBF'd a DX dozens of times) and done wipe data/cache and cache solo. I've gone into bootloader via the up button + power method, and recovery works via x + power too. It still boots straight into bootloader. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Sounds like a perma-brick to me.... or atleast, bricked enough that moto would have to fix it themselves (tripped the efuse maybe?).... I would love to know how he got it to do that though o_O

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not getting an error. SBF seems to load fine. it just boots straight into BL with no errors showing. when i boot into recovery, it does have a couple notes about the cache not mounting, but it wipes cache and data successfully.

the dude i bought it from also bought it thinking it was a simple SBF, heh.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also water damage detector is clean. not that that doesn't mean water damage isn't a possibility, but hey.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone else? I'm in hurricane mode. Bored. Wanna fix this thing! Another thing I noticed, when I boot into recovery it does give a few cache-mounting errors. But it claims to successfully wipe cache. Don't know if that helps.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dead_ohio_sky said:
What does RSD Lite say when you are flashing it? What version of RSD lite are you using?
Just tried RSD Lite. Version 4.9. After finishing checksums it goes to Reboot and the phone goes back to bootloader. Then nothing happens after a while so I disconnect and I get "Failed Flashing Process. Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE). Phone disconnected." Progress = 100%.

It's not supposed to go back into BL at that point is it? Should I just leave it pluged in?

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what it says under device properties:

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x00D011
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 2590010a6ca33a0a0000d8ff0100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000cd6932890485
AP Public ID: a24535d0847a655fe055fb83071067d594c39159
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000ed153289

·
Android Lover
133 Posts
No it should reboot to at least the normal bootloader, which at that point clearing data/cache is necessary. Hmm, I'll have to check to see if mine doesn't show an ESN/MEID as well, that seems strange to me.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dead_ohio_sky said:
Have you tried to open an adb shell session while in the recovery menu? You might be able to see more information that way.
I've never used ADB. Do you have a link with info on how to do that and what I should be looking for? I'm pretty comfortable in Ubuntu and stuff, I just have never had to do that.

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
JFYI, RSDLite has never displayed my phone's IMEI/MEID during any of the stages.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You never answered what error it throws. Try taking your SBF file and dropping it in the root of your C drive instead and see if that helps. I have hat times where it worked fine in a folder on my desktop then out of nowhere stopped working and would only work in the root of my drive.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.