Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I want to flash my rooted phone but I'm not sure how to get to the recovery screen, and I have no idea on what files to download and how to use/install them.

I rooted it using the Revolution method 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I want to flash my rom to CM7, mainly since I hear it is pretty fast and snappy and it gives great battery life. Or is there another rom that is fast and gives great battery life? I don't use widgets and I use launcher pro/swipe icons to keep my screen looking sleek and simple. So something that will compliment that will be nice. any other suggestions?

What else do I need besides that ROM? Do I also need a specific radio? What else would I need to do?

I already manually backed up my SD card onto my computer. And I have Titanium back up pro as well.

Oh first post too, Hello :]

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man, but I kind of figured it on my own as i go kind of way. But the way you described it and the way I did it are pretty darn similar. The only differences are...
I backed up my SD card first, What is saved on it? Are my contacts and app data saved on it?
Then I did a back up through the recovery
I then wiped/formatted,
Installed google app then I installed the cm7

I finally installed the 2.5 MD2 radio, Everything runs fine and dandy almost just like my stock root but I have lost all of my non facebook contacts and all of my SMS messages but I still have my pictures and music saved. Is there a way to retrieve my contacts and texts from my copy of my sd card? or have I lost them all for good?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.