Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a update show up for Su binaries so I downloaded and it updated to 3.0 and then su didn't want to allow permissions for different apps. Nothing specific,very random and very weird. I had to downgrade my busybox from 1.18.4 to 1.17.1 just to get things working again. I've had old style root for a long time with no problems....any ideas?

BOLTED DOWN.....

·
Average Android
92 Posts
mad96 said:
I had a update show up for Su binaries so I downloaded and it updated to 3.0 and then su didn't want to allow permissions for different apps. Nothing specific,very random and very weird. I had to downgrade my busybox from 1.18.4 to 1.17.1 just to get things working again. I've had old style root for a long time with no problems....any ideas?

BOLTED DOWN.....
No ideas but got the same update after updating superuser n the market. After the update I had a force close but have not had any other problems yet.

·
Android Lover
346 Posts
mad96 said:

BOLTED DOWN.....
This is a known bug in 3.0. It's still in beta. It will allow permissions if you manually open the apps that need them.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

·
Android Apprentice
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
watson387 said:
This is a known bug in 3.0. It's still in beta. It will allow permissions if you manually open the apps that need them.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt
Well thats the thing when I opened any app that requires Su perm, like titanium for instance it wouldnt even give me a choice it will instantly deny Su permissions, idk its frustrating to say the least.

BOLTED DOWN.....

·
Android Apprentice
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I flashed Su version 2.3.6.1 and that fixed all my problems! Oh and a side note I flashed miui just to play on WiFi and it broke root all together just so you guys know

BOLTED DOWN.....

·
Android Apprentice
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently if the rom dev puts the Su app binaries in /sbin it cant verify the signature properly for the update out of the market

BOLTED DOWN.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts