Android OS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
If you have TB you should have no issues (I've had none) since it backs up the app and data. I switch back and forth all the time but have only had to download language once and my stats have always remained the same. I don't say it as a guarantee, only as personal experience.

·
Android Padawan
234 Posts
I absolutely love this keyboard! It works amazingly, even if I had the chance to get it for free I'd still pay for it. Just getting the free app of the day or week isn't going to help improve the quality of android apps. Supporting our great developers is crucial to our ecosystem.

The only thing I'd like to see from SwiftKey in the near future is the use of the ICS speech to text technology.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I may be a minority, but SwiftKey never quite seems to be able to guess my next work. I've synced it up to my e-mail, facebook, and twitter to no avail.

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
I've given it a lot of time, but SwiftKey has a few problems:

1) Normally when you type, you're looking at the keyboard. With SwiftKey, you have to be looking at the suggestions AS you type, which causes slowdowns.

2) If you write a fair amount (as in, not just quick texts and the like), then the variance in your sentences means you'll generally NOT be using predictions.

3) I don't know how they set up the "default" predictions, but I was trying to say "five days" and after I typed "five" it said "cows". No, SwiftKey, I do not have five cows and I have never said I did.

4) Any keyboard that requires a length of time to become useful has some serious issues. Swype takes a little to know which words to suggest for sloppy traces, but that's all.

5) It constantly talks about about keystrokes saved, but that doesn't mean time saved for the reason I mentioned above. You might only hit 50% as many keys, but if you're doing so slowly because you're constantly watching the suggestion box, you're going slowly.

6) Every skin is ugly as balls. Sorry.

·
Android Helper
1,687 Posts
Has anyone tried Smart Keyboard Pro, I find it to be the best of all keyboards, very customizable, lots of skins great word prediction, lots of key layouts, good speech integration.

Been using it since Froyo, never found a keyboard that comes close.

·
Average Computa
497 Posts
bobcaruso said:
Has anyone tried Smart Keyboard Pro, I find it to be the best of all keyboards, very customizable, lots of skins great word prediction, lots of key layouts, good speech integration.

Been using it since Froyo, never found a keyboard that comes close.
I switched to it from GO keyboard. Love it. With swift key you can't even turn off key pop ups but the word prediction was really good. Smart keyboard is my new board though.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts