Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a current Swype user. Have been for a long time. I'm thinking about trying out SwiftKey. Any other Swype users made the switch? Which do you like better?

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I made the switch to SwiftKey from Swype. I type faster and only ever type out up to half of a word before it predicts that word. Swype improved a lot with 3.0, but SwiftKey is still king for me. Also, SwiftKey only gets better the more you use it.

·
News Team/Moderator
882 Posts
I just recently defected to Swiftkey from Swype, I like it -- I think I am here to stay.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
I use both. Like them both. Swype is more convenient to use while multi tasking but swift key is more fun since it literally reads your mind.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
104 Posts
I used Swype with a previous Android... then tried SwiftKey after I saw a number of threads about which one is better... so when I heard about a beta test of SwiftKey I joined and liked it so much that I bought it when they had a sale a few weeks ago... and I'm glad I did.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
FWIW - I used Swype back in the days of the Samsung Omnia WM6.5, LOVED it. Tried Swiftkey on my Droid Incredible and never looked back. It's one app I didn't mind paying for, I've got it on both my TB & my Xoom. I think it's better than Swype.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Haven't messed with swype since my DX days...Swiftkey X is pretty good but I always end up going back to flexT9...

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
143 Posts
i just switched to swiftkey from swype cause it was free in the amazon app store but i dont know. for some words i just mash on the keyboard and swiftkey gets it. but i really liked swyping cause i could do it with one hand. lol i dont know yet!

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
swiftkey is good. Takes some getting used to, and it has to learn from your sms, email, and other accounts then it is spot on, and can basically type sentences for you.

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Ianxcom said:
I'm waiting to try touchpal curve input
This looks awesome, I'd love to get in on the beta for that. Looks like Swype mixed with SwiftKey.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
I went from TB stock to Swype to Swift back to Swype, I need Swype's trace so while driving I can text quicker, but as SwiftKey get's better and better prediction wise, I might stick to it more. I once sent a whole sentence with one letter, then space bar four times then period. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts