Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been asked before buuut I've been looking around and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Is there any way to get the stock DX GB Swype working on MIUI? I know the beta works but I despise how it looks. I've also looked into theming the beta via Metamorph but am unable to get that work as well. Any tips would be much appreciated. :)
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
151 Posts
You could just pull the swype apk from the stock rom, most likely it will be in system/app. And then also grab the libSwypeCore.so file out of system/lib. Just place both of those files back in the same location into whatever your rom of choice is, reboot the phone, and you should have that version of swype available to use.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cpurick said:
Forgetting how it looks, the beta is a better Swype. A lot better.
Howso? I used the original for quite some time and had no issues with it.

vargus21 said:
You could just pull the swype apk from the stock rom, most likely it will be in system/app. And then also grab the libSwypeCore.so file out of system/lib. Just place both of those files back in the same location into whatever your rom of choice is, reboot the phone, and you should have that version of swype available to use.
I have tried this in the past and it didn't work for whatever reason. I could type using the keyboard but whenever I finished a word swype the outline of the keyboard glowed blue momentarily and failed to write the word.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
151 Posts
deevious said:
Howso? I used the original for quite some time and had no issues with it.

I have tried this in the past and it didn't work for whatever reason. I could type using the keyboard but whenever I finished a word swype the outline of the keyboard glowed blue momentarily and failed to write the word.
I personally prefer the new swype beta, but to each his own.

Anyway, because I'm such a gentleman, I just sbf'd back to 602, pulled the swype files, and installed them in MIUI, worked without a problem for me.

Here are the files that I pulled from 602 for you -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29977263/Swype.apk
Swype.apk, push to system/app, set proper permissions

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29977263/libSwypeCore.so
libSwypeCore.so, push to system/lib, set proper permissions

Reboot phone.

Following reboot, you should have a properly working DX version of Swype without any problems.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vargus21 said:
I personally prefer the new swype beta, but to each his own.

Anyway, because I'm such a gentleman, I just sbf'd back to 602, pulled the swype files, and installed them in MIUI, worked without a problem for me.

Here are the files that I pulled from 602 for you -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29977263/Swype.apk
Swype.apk, push to system/app, set proper permissions

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29977263/libSwypeCore.so
libSwypeCore.so, push to system/lib, set proper permissions

Reboot phone.

Following reboot, you should have a properly working DX version of Swype without any problems.
OMFG I love you! I think that when I tried this initially I forgot to reset the permissions on the lib, fuuuuuuu!
 

·
I solve problems
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
vargus21 said:
Anyway, because I'm such a gentleman,
So modest. Love it! haha :)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top