·
Android Ninja
337 Posts

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
Gotcha!

Can you get working on that 160 fix though! j/k

I am currently running CM9 in tablet mode and the bottom bar is transparent. Does the Rom you are using have a transparent bottom bar? I am really liking that feature.
I don't think this does unfortunately... I've never even heard of that mod, but it sounds pretty awesome lol. I might have to check it out, haven't flashed CM9 since the first few AOKP releases.

·
Android Beginner
295 Posts
I don't think this does unfortunately... I've never even heard of that mod, but it sounds pretty awesome lol. I might have to check it out, haven't flashed CM9 since the first few AOKP releases.
It was additional CM9 mods in the general themes section. It is a separate zip that adds additional mods to CM9. One is a transparent top bar. I did that mod before switching into tablet mode. Not sure if it would have been transparent without that mod but either way it is transparent at the bottom so there is no black bars on the screen at all....

·
Android Beginner
310 Posts
http://hotfile.com/dl/149345580/3dc44c5/AXI0M_CROSSBREED_V6_SHO_TABLET.zip.html
Here it is, axiom v6 tablet rom. I know, i hate hotfile too, but the file is too big for other sites lol.
This has a modded play store, working phone, and a few other edits that I honestly don't remember... but I must say, this is pretty freaking sweet :)
Enjoy your 4.65 inch tablets
Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
http://hotfile.com/d...TABLET.zip.html
Here it is, axiom v6 tablet rom. I know, i hate hotfile too, but the file is too big for other sites lol.
This has a modded play store, working phone, and a few other edits that I honestly don't remember... but I must say, this is pretty freaking sweet :)
Hey,

Thanks for this. Works like a charm on Boot Manager.

·
Android Beginner
295 Posts
Can someone tell my why everyone who owns a GN isn't running it in Tablet mode, lol.

With a 720p screen, these apps in tablet mode just make more sense. You also don't have to worry about a top bar and a bottom bar. Everything is together at the bottom the way it should be.

I only see advantages to the tablet layout on the GN and it has made a great phone even greater! If anyone hasn't tried it yet, you must do so and do so fast. Android Ninja was nice enough to package up a flashable Rom in tablet mode in post 121 for Axiom V6 so he did all the work for you. All you need to do is flash and you are running a great Rom with a better UI.

·
Registered
651 Posts
http://hotfile.com/d...TABLET.zip.html
Is there any way to have the search softkey instead of the tasks softkey with this?

I would use that as my daily driver if that could be changed. :)

·
Android Beginner
295 Posts
Here is how you would make the bottom bar transparent with Axiom V6. Change the density back to 320. After it boots up, go into settings/Rom Control and you will see an option to make the top bar transparent. This option is not in the settings menu when in tablet mode which is why you need to go back to the phone UI.

After you do that, add the option to remove the Nav bar in the power menu settings and remove it from the screen. Then change the density back to 192 or lower.

After that you will have a transparent bottom bar like below:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here is how you would make the bottom bar transparent with Axiom V6. Change the density back to 320. After it boots up, go into settings/Rom Control and you will see an option to make the top bar transparent. This option is not in the settings menu when in tablet mode which is why you need to go back to the phone UI.

After you do that, add the option to remove the Nav bar in the power menu settings and remove it from the screen. Then change the density back to 192 or lower.

After that you will have a transparent bottom bar like below:

I wanted to point out that I did this following the Rom Control menu. Cleared the market the first time when changing to 320 but not when changing back to 160. I'm not sure if it's the 160 or me not clearing market data from 320 res but it cleared up some "incompatibilities" the market was giving me with some of my apps.

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
So, I had never noticed until now, but it seems that the tablet ROM Control has less options than the phone ROM Control, even if some of the options not found in tablet mode would still work... I don't know if I'll be able to make the options available myself, it might be up to Roman to do that... but I'll look at it :)

·
Average Android
286 Posts
http://hotfile.com/dl/149345580/3dc44c5/AXI0M_CROSSBREED_V6_SHO_TABLET.zip.html
I really do want to thank you for this. I have never checked this out until now so I'm downloading as I type to flash. I have a few questions! Lol
This is 404 crossbreed V6?
Am I able to use imoseyons kernel even though its been changed to the tablet UI?
Is phone confirmed working so I can make calls?
And do I need to flash a GAPPS package?
Seriously......I love the tablet UI. I'm so ready to run this.

·
Android Beginner
295 Posts
I really do want to thank you for this. I have never checked this out until now so I'm downloading as I type to flash. I have a few questions! Lol
Am I able to use imoseyons kernel even though its been changed to the tablet UI?
Everything works right out of the box. You can use any kernel and the phone works as well. Gapps is packed into the this ROM. The rom is Axiom V6 but you can run tablet mode in any of the ICS roms by simply removing the nav bar and changing the screen density.

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
Yes, crossbreed v6
You can use any kernel you wish, the hardware is the same.
Phone works perfectly
No need to flash gapps, crossbreed is awesome and includes them in a single zip
And thank you, the tablet UI is awesome I agree :)

·
Android Beginner
295 Posts
I wanted to point out that I did this following the Rom Control menu. Cleared the market the first time when changing to 320 but not when changing back to 160. I'm not sure if it's the 160 or me not clearing market data from 320 res but it cleared up some "incompatibilities" the market was giving me with some of my apps.
I did not touch any of the market options. I just changed the screen density from 1 to the other and then back again. If you switch to 160 your phone will probably not work. The market will clear up any incompatibility's at 160 because that is a native Android density but you will not have a phone to use. That is why we are using other density's with a modded market to make the market think we are running either 160, 240 or 320 depending on what the Rom was packaged with or what you choose if using LCD Density Modder Pro

·
Average Android
286 Posts
Yes, crossbreed v6
You can use any kernel you wish, the hardware is the same.
Phone works perfectly
No need to flash gapps, crossbreed is awesome and includes them in a single zip
And thank you, the tablet UI is awesome I agree :)
That's awesome! Wow!
Okay the other man said just change the density and remove the navigation bar to make any ics rom into tablet mode.
I want to do this with stock 404 so how would I go about doing that? And will phone work if I do or is it only the one you posted here?

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
That's awesome! Wow!
Okay the other man said just change the density and remove the navigation bar to make any ics rom into tablet mode.
I want to do this with stock 404 so how would I go about doing that? And will phone work if I do or is it only the one you posted here?
Hmm, well, if you're comfortable with doing your own edits then it's really not that hard. Mastur Mynd made a post over at Droidhive that should work on stock 4.0.4.

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
I'm thinking, maybe I could make a very simple zip that can be applied over any ics rom to 'turn on' tablet mode. It's really very simple, and the edits aren't rom specific from what I can see.

·
Average Android
286 Posts
Hmm, well, if you're comfortable with doing your own edits then it's really not that hard. Mastur Mynd made a post over at Droidhive that should work on stock 4.0.4.
Sorry for asking so much man just beyind curious. Yea I'm not new at this lol i been on xda for over 2 years so I know smali edits, decompile and recompile roms, build from source all that. File edits, XML edits, etc... kind of know my way around kernel edits but still sort of blind. Yet this is all for the Charge haha it was just personal stuff I'd do for myself and never post it. I've never messed with density or themes or modding apps. Thank you current web for all the info! I'll see what I can do with that tutorial then if not I'll flash what you just posted and just roll with it.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts