Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Unofficial Nocoast FrankenRom deMiui Alpha
Basically this is like a nonsense style rom only based off of the 4.0.3./miui 032312 where I gutted as much miui Overlay as possible and tryed to readd as much ICS uI as possible. This started as an experiment/concept in IRC and after a cpl nights of tweaking the Rom is ready to go....quick overview of features....

-Apex Launcher 1.02 (Credit AndroidDoes)

-Imoseyon 2.7.2 Stable kernel (Credit Imoseyon)

-Miui Permission manager, Dialer/Mms/Firewall, miui music, miui contacts, miui lockscreen (credit miui)

-Huge overhaul/gutting/replacement of mIui to increase graphical responsiveness/Cater to those who Like the ICS uI but Prefer some of the awesome Root/App permission control / blacklisting / whitelisting / contact mgmt that mIui includes (Credit nocoast)

-Lots more this is in very infant stages...flash and see!

Known issues

Switching notification sounds will cause FC's

The phone application is in the app drawer, not the dock by default, it also needs a themed icon

The rom does not come with miui browser or AOSP browser, download whichever browser you prefer the most

There is no standard google setup/activation, go to settings in the app drawer then all settings, then Accounts/Sync add existing account, enter your credentials and then open market, it will auto update.

Probably more...Originally planned on keeping this an IRC exclusive but figured i may as well share the love...Thanks to miuichina/miui.us/google for the base (that i de-based and rebased...lol)

So why bother with this hybrid? Well, because miui's root/su/app permissions management is bar none the most in depth and intuitive and really allows you to control the security features of your rom like no american rom...that said I (and a lot of others) are not the biggest fans of the uI's look or responsiveness so I figured why not give this a shot? The results wound up being more exciting than i thought...This is my hypothesis rom. Not remotely final, official, nor is it affiliated with TeamLiquid or miui.us whatsoever. Id like to say its not even affiliated with me, its everyones rom, feel free to take this zip and mess with it as much as you want...its just some refreshing candy for your phone.
Take a trip down the rabbit hole... (110mb)
Download Link Pulled Project will re-emerge in smoother form at a later date.

·
Android Beginner
82 Posts
I am unsure how to feel about this rom. I hate miuis look but I love, the hell out of the rest of it.... Well here goes nothing... and because of the Lewis reference...

"But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat. 'We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be," said the Cat. 'or you wouldn't have come here.' - Lewis Carrol

I belive we can all agree nocoast is mad at this point and we are all just joining him for the decent
so let's hope its enjoyable !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, from some point in something like wibbly wobbly timey wimey ... stuff

Reactions: ajm144k

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are no folders full of scripts that are for a different phone on this rom rest assured :D The size was originally 184 megs...

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
Switching notification sounds will cause FC's
Just to clarify, is this just the "notification" set of ringtone sounds or all sounds in general that can be changed via the sound settings?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As of now all notification sounds are non customizable (you will be alerted upon Gchat messages, sms, phone calls with tones, just non customizable at the moment...have an idea of how to fix it but am swamped with other stuffs this week, Perhaps an update this weekend. gotta get back to the liquid release...

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
Gotcha. I will keep an eye on this, as the ability to be able to adjust those is very key to me (though, I will concede that it serves no pratical purpose). Otherwise, I dig the premise of this rom.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
Love miui SMS app and would love this rom but as of now the miui rom is too buggy but look forward to this as they fix miui up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
tehk G33k
154 Posts
Awesome idea, will keep looking for future updates. Miui's theme framework was also something that was really good. If that could be included this would be the best rom ever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This alpha will be pulled from all servers in 24 hours. As someone stated until we have a better base to work with this will just be a concept rom. Furthermore I will not be releasing any non liquid rooms from here on in....that's not to say this project is dead...it will be departing from the public for now though. I'll give it till this time tomorrow to get ur DLs in before I pull it. Appreciate the props on the concept...I would like to take it further....stay tuned

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love miui SMS app and would love this rom but as of now the miui rom is too buggy but look forward to this as they fix miui up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Any bugs in particular? Aside from the notification pull down not theming, it's been solid for me so far.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This alpha will be pulled from all servers in 24 hours. As someone stated until we have a better base to work with this will just be a concept rom. Furthermore I will not be releasing any non liquid rooms from here on in....that's not to say this project is dead...it will be departing from the public for now though. I'll give it till this time tomorrow to get ur DLs in before I pull it. Appreciate the props on the concept...I would like to take it further....stay tuned

I'm hoping this could mean the possibility of a liquified MIUI rom in the future. I'm sure that would satisfy my crack flashing addiction for a long while.

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Love this rom so far.. Would really like to see development continue for it and have main features/customizations of liquid implemented. :) wishful thinking

Key features being navbar mod, performance settings, color change/status bar mod and battery percentage on lock screen. imo. All of liquid settings would be nice but idk how hard these are to implement. Wish I knew how to dev.

·
Android Apprentice
181 Posts
Tried this out yesterday after wiping very well and all was well until I went to try a web browser. I dled quick ics browser and ics browser + but neither of them wouldn't work as I had immediate force close. Trying our simplex rom in the meantime while I wait for browser fix.

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Tried this out yesterday after wiping very well and all was well until I went to try a web browser. I dled quick ics browser and ics browser + but neither of them wouldn't work as I had immediate force close. Trying our simplex rom in the meantime while I wait for browser fix.
I extracted the browser from gummy 0.8.2 (didn't have .9 downloaded) then installed it no problem working great here.

Tried extracting and installing the browser from liquid first but got a problem parcing the package, apk.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts