Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running CM7 7.1.0 RC1 with the OTA MR2 radio and I am having problems with tethering.

If I try to use any wireless tethering app, any devices attempting to connect are not assigned an IP address. The wireless hotspot can be seen and they connect fine at first, but after grinding for a few minutes the connection errors out while attempting to get an IP address.

So far the tether apps I have used are 1) The built in one 2) Wifi Tether and 3) Open Garden. I have a feeling that these all use the same system level stuff so that is may be where the failure is.

Has anyone run into this and successfully solved the issue?

Thanks

·
I Have Androids
48 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I have better tethering results with froyo roms for whatever reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
Sorry I just realized that this is posted in the Thunderbolt forum. What version of Wifi Teather are you using? The beta version has the HTC setting.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excaliber88 said:
Sorry I just realized that this is posted in the Thunderbolt forum. What version of Wifi Teather are you using? The beta version has the HTC setting.
Running WiFi Tether 3.1-Beta5. Tried setting the Device Profile to HTC Thunderbolt, no dice.

·
Supporting Member
130 Posts
Use the Teather that is not in beta, I think it is 2.1. Does that work for you? That is the version that I am, successfully using.

·
Average Android
336 Posts
Is this just a problem for people with AOSP ROMs? I'm running BAMF 2.3 and WiFi Tether 3.1 Beta 5. I successfully get an IP address, but I had to enable 'Routing Fix' in the options before tethering would actually work. But once I did, it works just fine.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
excaliber88 said:
I just had another idea, try turning off all passwords and MAC filtering (wide open hotspot) is it successful?
I've tried that as well, still no luck. I think I'm going to try downgrading the radio to see if I can get that to work.

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
I'm not having any problems tethering on my thunderbolt running CM 7.1.0 RC 1.6.1 however i'm using a very old version of wifi tether (2.0.7), running baseband 1,48,00,726w_2, 0.01.78.0802w_3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts