Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be slightly off-topic (not directly related to a port of Android for the HP TouchPad)...but as someone who recently purchased a 32gig TouchPad via this past weekend's firesale...I'd love to find a way to tether my Android phone to my TouchPad for use on the go?

Has anyone been able to successfully tether their TouchPad to a non-webOS phone? If so, how??

Thanks much! :android-smile:

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheReij said:
Mobile hotpot + wifi = profit
I should have added, my Android phone (Samsung Charge) is non-rooted...and I'd really love to find a way to tether my TouchPad without having to root my phone...or having to pay Verizon for a "tethering plan".

Thanks! :)

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
jbrock98 said:
i have my rooted DX on Liquid 2.6 and have been tethering to my 32gb no problem
only if you tell them about it..... root can always be undone and phone can be taken back to stock...some circumstances where that is not true ie bricking your phone

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
I have a rooted dinc2 running cm7. I am not able to tether to my touchpad.

I looks like you cannot set up adhoc with the touchpad. And I do not know how to get the tether to appear as wifi.

·
Average Android
98 Posts
i have the wireless tethering app, its the same app i used to use on my OGdroid i just open it up hit the tether button then go into settings and wifi on my touchpad and search for networks then Android Tether comes up and i hit it and it connects perfectly, and its fast too, unless i go into the den and the phone doesnt get as fast 3g but it still does work

·
Android Master Jedi
377 Posts
You won't be able to tether without root unless you give your first born child to Verizon...lol!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
I tethered my 32gb with my Samsung Galaxy S2 (which has been rooted from day one...why wouldn't you?) and it works great. Touchpad is overclocked to 1.7 I found 1.2 and even 1.5 quit slow and annoying.

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
Tethered to a Droid 2 Global on CM, with an old version of wireless tether...Only because I was too tempted and had to set the Touchpad up.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
md213 said:
doesn't rooting your Android phone void the warranty?
ur on an android hacking site....we all root our phones :) but ya like he said up there u can always unroot. Iv rooted my 2 android phones iv had and have had them replaced a couple times....not for bricking them...but charger ports getting old and loose and stopped charging correctly

·
Registered
982 Posts
SyNiK4L said:
ur on an android hacking site....we all root our phones :) but ya like he said up there u can always unroot. Iv rooted my 2 android phones iv had and have had them replaced a couple times....not for bricking them...but charger ports getting old and loose and stopped charging correctly
The hell is this rooting? i replaced mine cuz i didn't like the scratches, the only one i brik'd was the x2 before sbf was out cuz moto's kinda dumb

·
Average Android
98 Posts
thebowers said:
Trying to use tether to activate my TP, but it doesn't see the wireless network. Any suggestions?
my lil brother has ran into that problem with his touchpad, are u using a Droid 1 to tether, his touchpad doesnt pick up his tether but i use the same wireless tether app on my DX and his will pick up mine we are both running liquid on our phones

1 - 20 of 77 Posts