Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to help my friend root and rom his fascinate and everything went fine, but now his phone isn't sending texts properly. I've tried 3 different roms but the problem is still there. Could use some help because this apparently over my head.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
Some more info might help.

How did you root? What rom are you running? What is it doing when you try and send a text? This is a Verizon fascinate? (Which modem, kernel are you using?)

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OhioYJ said:
Some more info might help.

How did you root? What rom are you running? What is it doing when you try and send a text? This is a Verizon fascinate? (Which modem, kernel are you using?)
I rooted with superoneclick.
Flashed CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL.tar Via Odin.
Flashed CWM Recovery via Odin
Then flashed the OMFGB via CWM recovery

Incoming texts are working fine. When a text is sent out it appears fine on my end, but the person recieving the text just gets a blank text or it says null.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I realized that in my research today. The owner of the phone told me it was a fascinate.

Now I'm in search of an EE25 full Odin for the showcase. So far I'm coming up empty though.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"bryceg33 said:
Yea I realized that in my research today. The owner of the phone told me it was a fascinate.

Now I'm in search of an EE25 full Odin for the showcase. So far I'm coming up empty though.
It's stickied in the showcase section...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums

·
89 Posts
HIi have a similar issue. I am unable to send any SMS from my Showcase (Cellular South). Sometimes the person on the other end may get a blank bubble, but for the most part they dont even go through. (also posted this in the CM7 thread)

Started at EE25 - texts work
Odin to EH09 (now had EH09 modem) - didnt try texts
Flashed CM7 (didnt do the fixed version though) - texts didnt work
Tried wiping and using fixed CM7 - didnt work (and broke data - fixed with ODIN EFS clear and *228) - texts didnt work
Tried going back to EE25 (still had EH09 modem though after flash) - texts didnt work
Tried flashing the older EE19 modem - texts didnt work
Tried Odin to EH09 again (now EH09 modem again) - texts didnt work
Just did fixed CM7 - - texts didnt work

Update: flashed the ee25 modem from the update thread, on a couple different variants, no luck

Anyone know what the next steps should be? I couldnt even get the texts to work back at full stock. I was suprise though when I flashed back to full stock EE25 that the modem didnt revert. Did I do something wrong, is there a specific cellular south modem out there?

Appreciate any advice that anyone can give.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone link me to somewhere I can get the modem.bin file to add to my miui rom so my gf will get off my back about halfway bricking her phone?

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Epp23 said:
Which one do you think will support and function corretly with the Samsung Galaxy Showcase I500?
Honestly I have no idea. I'm on a Mesmerize. I believe the EH09 modem is universal but I can't swear to it. I have just the EH09 modem that can be flashed in Odin linked below. It is just they modem so you can flash it over top any ROM without data loss. I will link the file but flash at your own risk. I'm pretty sure its the same modem on EH09 throughout the builds but I can't say for certain.

http://db.tt/bdk7qhyV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly I have no idea. I'm on a Mesmerize. I believe the EH09 modem is universal but I can't swear to it. I have just the EH09 modem that can be flashed in Odin linked below. It is just they modem so you can flash it over top any ROM without data loss. I will link the file but flash at your own risk. I'm pretty sure its the same modem on EH09 throughout the builds but I can't say for certain.

http://db.tt/bdk7qhyV
I tried that, and it still didn't work. I even did a upgrade from CSpire via samsung kies and the radio is still on Verizon wireless.... I can't win for losing...

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Did you try full flash of EE25 with reparation checked in Odin
Then *228
This is what i had to do on my cspire when i lost data flashing some Rom back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Then *228
Yes, I have done that as well. Also, I just found out that the 2.3 update was release today for the Galaxy Showcase and I'm trying that right now to restore the modem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Then *228
Actually just did it again, but I unchecked the re-partition box in odin and dialed *228 and it's working now. Just updated to the official 2.3.5 and I'm never doing that again on a Samsung phone. Thank you all for your input on how to resolve this for me. I'll enjoy MIUI on my HTC Desire until I get the Moto Mileston X.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts