Alternate Battery

App Packs

Pack 1: Communication

Pack 2: Email and Tools

Pack 3: Media and Chat

·
Supporting Member
167 Posts
I'm talking about the soft keys, the color of blue is dark, so in certain lighting conditions it's hard to see them against the black background.

Also if you can match the color of the signal bars to the clock and battery, rather than have the signal bars/soft keys be one color and the battery icon/clock be different

I hope I'm being helpful, as intended, and not coming across as picky =)

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its all the same color my friend... Just different levels of transparency. I'll look into it some and try to get a fix for it. I'm more than likely going to be making some modifications to the charging animation. Not sure yet, but I definitely plan on having a decent update before morning =)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Very nice so far. To further complete the transformation, I also flashed inverted contacts and gtalk from xkape. Everything seems to play together nicely. I do have a suggestion. The message icon looks lost on the dock. Instead of a black icon with blue outline, just turn the green to blue? So it matches the rest of the icons better? Its also smaller than the others. Also on the soft key background. How about making the soft keys opaque, and adding some translucence to the background, might as well make the notification bar match as well. They look out of place, being a different color. Now I just need to convince someone to activate the menu area on the softkey with no icon. I will continue to run this theme.

·
Supporting Member
98 Posts
First of all great work! I always ran Hon3ycr3am on the Bionic and now I think this is going to be my theme of choice again. I didnt think it was possible to improve the look of ICS but this definitely does it.

Next I want to throw some suggestions your way since its still in the building phase.

I think the gmail icon would look cool if it had the ICS blue in place of the white. I like the way it looks but it seems a little out of place being completely black and white.

Could the messaging icon be a little bigger? It seems a tad small compared to the others.

Is it possible to modify the default icon in messaging for when you don't have a picture for a contact? If you look in the phone list its a darker gray. It just seems to be too much contrast with the rest of the blacked out UI.

The last one is most likely not possible but would be cool. I think it would be cool if there was a way to put a small slightly transparent possibly glowing ICS blue border around "popups" such as the power menu. It just hard to see the edge when they are blacked out and I think it would give it some cool definition. This is probably a core change though and likely not just a theming thing.

Sorry for the long list, just things I was thinking about, you don't have to do any of them and I will still use the theme. Great work and I cant wait to see the progression here.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts