Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone?

With all this exciting CM4DX news happening in the past couple days, I thought it would be nice if we all took some time to properly thank CVPCS (as well as any other devs who have helped) for his hard work on this project.

CVPCS, I know none of us have any clue how much work you've put into this for us, but I just wanted to give you a huge thank you. I really appreciate what you've done for this community. I can't wait to see what the near future holds for us DX owners. Keep on the lookout for a small donation from myself. I'd also like to encourage everyone else to donate, even if it's just a buck or two. Here is his website. The donate button is at the bottom right.

Again, thank you.

Patrick

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
Lets just hope that people really appreciate this work and dont blow it off as another ROM. It would be a shame to see posts complaining about broken stuff or bad battery life. lets try and keep 'those' kind of trolls off the streets of RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Yeah, it's absolutely incredible that he did this with the bootloader still locked... according to Twitter, this has been in progress since last August... that's 10 months of hair pulling frustration. He and everyone who worked towards giving us this deserves a massive thank you and at least a beer or two from everyone who owns a Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
i donated and wrote him a note about how im sorry i couldnt give more and how im so appreciative of all the hard work he has done for us

·
Themer
14 Posts
He really does deserve all of our thanks! He has been working on this since at least August of last year. I can't say I would work on anything for that long...

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
He definitely has my thanks. And beer money will be sent, as soon as I flash over to CM7. Can't wait for this one!!

·
Android Apprentice
90 Posts
Indeed from a DX user and Android newb who's heard so much about CM awesomeness, I'm thankful that with some luck and a ton of work I might finally get to see some cyanogenmod goodness on my phone.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I will donate as I can but would also like to thank the devs for ALL their hardwork and say that I truely appreciate their blood sweat and tears!

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
I know myself and others have ever been salivating for some CM7 love on the dx for a long time, many thanks to everyone who has helped on this project!

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
Props! Thanks! - Looking forwarding to this. I've heard a lot about Cyanogen....now we can see if for ourselves. thanks again!

·
Somebody hates me but you can't please everyon
113 Posts
+1 Thanks for all that you do. It doesn't go unnoticed.

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
IM so excited lol the update notification is getting annoying I went back to stock last night waiting for this to release great job CVPCS

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
IRONMatt said:
Lets just hope that people really appreciate this work and dont blow it off as another ROM. It would be a shame to see posts complaining about broken stuff or bad battery life. lets try and keep 'those' kind of trolls off the streets of RootzWiki
Word. Ive had an X in my pocket since launch and I really like the way this community is shaping up.

Unfortunately those kinds of things are inevitable with inexperienced users that havnt been around for all the trials and tribulations (need I mention the great bootloader hoax of 2012) that got the DX community to this point. The only thing we can do is try our best to educate those users on what a huge milestone CM4DX is, and why its such a big deal.

*steps off of soapbox* haha

Past all of that, THANK YOU to cvpcs and all the devs that stuck with the X and continued to sweat it out even when things looked so dim, I can't wait to see where the DX community goes from here, its gonna be F'ing awesome!

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I wish I had more to donate, but I can throw a few chips in at the very very least.

CVPCS, thanks SO much for your work. I've been following the whole process for a while, and it's incredible how much you've accomplished, and even being able to stick with it that long. Thanks to you, I can finally taste some delicious CM7 on my phone, something I thought i'd never be able to do. I'm with everyone else, the DX community is only going to get better from here!

·
Average Android
75 Posts
Have to tip my hat to cvpcs, lots of nay sayers and haters saying it wasn't gonna happen yet he pushed through and look now.

Have to say I'm very interested in seeing it in action

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Tipping my hat as well.
It's just amazing how fast all of this is happening. I know it took him a long time to get it to boot.. But as soon as he did, everything seems to be falling into place at a warp speed. You would think it would be months before he got all of the hardware working. Awesome!

Moto might be unlocking the bootloader? I don't even care anymore.. ha!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts