1. Open Terminal Emulator
2.type su
3.accept Superuser permissions
4.type reboot
5.press enter and the phone reboots.

·
Average Android
121 Posts
Or...... just hold down the power button for two seconds until the menu pops up, select reboot and hit ok

Sent from my Droid X running the cm4dx nightlies

·
Trenton
268 Posts
like a boss!

my tip is to make your drop down shade look awesome:

settings/cm settings/ interface/ statusbar tweaks /compact carrier label. and then go to interface/notification power widget/ and select hide indicator and hide scrollbar. :cool:

·
Average Android
121 Posts
bretth18 said:
ya duh but this looks 800 times cooler
rofl!

My tip is to use lock screen gesture to go straight to the app you want. It's awesome!

To do this, hit the menu button, settings, cyanogen settings, lockscreen settings, lockscreen gestures.

Once you're there hit the check box to turn them on and then choose build gestures to set them up.

It's really great. I have an F to go to facebook, a 4 to go to foursquare, And an S to open seesmic (a twitter app).

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnjutrasii said:
rofl!

My tip is to use lock screen gesture to go straight to the app you want. It's awesome!

To do this, hit the menu button, settings, cyanogen settings, lockscreen settings, lockscreen gestures.

Once you're there hit the check box to turn them on and then choose build gestures to set them up.

It's really great. I have an F to go to facebook, a 4 to go to foursquare, And an S to open seesmic (a twitter app).
nice tip, i never thot of doing that

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JBirdVegas said:
For super fast reboots delete the bootanimation

system/bin/bootanimation

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
does that take away the classic little robot skateboarding or the god awful motorola bleach white bird poop colored logo?

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
XDRDX said:
It gets rid of the robot on a skateboard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. get rid of the damn bird poop logo

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u mean the one that goes
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)
ANDROID
(SHINE)

·
Supporting Member
114 Posts
kdroidx said:
Is there a way to reduce the screen brightness by swiping across the notification bar? I saw somewhere that someone put that you could. but i can't find the setting and i can't do it
Yep, in CM settings / interface / status bar tweaks. But if you have automatic brightness selected you won't be able to select this option.

·
Dumb Jarhead
155 Posts
UNhipandUNfunny said:
Yep, in CM settings / interface / status bar tweaks. But if you have automatic brightness selected you won't be able to select this option.

Also to piggy back off of that... it took me a bit to figure out how exactly to adjust the brightness. For me I just hold it in the middle of the notification bar and slide to the left or right to adjust accordingly.

·
Themer
332 Posts
johnjutrasii said:
rofl!

yes this is awesome lol i use a 4 for foursquare, right swipe to unlock, left for sounds, one P for plume, a diff P for phone, M for messages(handcent) and no ugly lockscreen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.